Deck extension over pool rail

Like I said before I'm going to see what they look like when they arrive and if they even fit. I measured and I think they should. If they do fit then I will test them out. I may use some joist hangers to fasten the fascia to the joists better. If it's not going to work then I return them and go the sistering route.

By all means I really do appreciate all the great advice given by everyone in this thread. Thank you!

Any update on how this turned out?

Sorry for the late reply. This is what I ended up using. I used 1 every 2-3 feet and they have held up great. I weigh around 230lbs and when I step on the boards that are attached to these hanging over the pool rail I don't feel any kinda movement. They are very solid.

I decided to go this route because I needed a way to remove in case I ever need to change the pool liner. I would have to remove the brackets to get the pool rails off and allow access to liner.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Sorry for the late reply. This is what I ended up using. I used 1 every 2-3 feet and they have held up great. I weigh around 230lbs and when I step on the boards that are attached to these hanging over the pool rail I don't feel any kinda movement. They are very solid.

I decided to go this route because I needed a way to remove in case I ever need to change the pool liner. I would have to remove the brackets to get the pool rails off and allow access to liner.

can u post some finished pics? I’d love to see them. Lots of folks have inquired about this very issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.