The TF-100 includes a tube that goes to 20 but below that isn't really possible with a melamine test. If you are getting some cloudiness with the tube completely full then you have some CYA so when adding more you will want to be conservative with your additions to avoid overshooting.

You can never get an "exact" reading anyway. The test is very subjective and plus or minus 10-15 ppm is usually mentioned in the testing parameters.

The best thing I ever did to gain confidence that I was doing the CYA test correctly was to get a 50 ppm standard solution sample from TFTestkits and then I knew when I ran the test I was doing it correctly. I bought the sample when I was refilling my other supplies for the season so shipping was more reasonable.

TFTestkits.net

I tested my CYA and it's pretty clear up to the 30 line when I test. How can I get an exact reading when it only goes to 30? Do I assume it's at 0 if it was pretty clear at 30?
No.

If the water is totally clear after mixing, then maybe you have no CYA. If it clouds up at all, you have some. Note the spacing on the tube graduations. Imagine how long the tube would be if it went down to 10. Like Donldson posted, be conservative. Target 10 or 20 lower than you want. You can always add more if you come up short, but the only feasible way to lower CYA for most people is draining water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.