Custom PVC Pipe Adapter for Intex Pools

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the great ideas in dealing with the crappy intex fittings and plumbing. I am currently on my 3rd intex, this one being a 16'x48" ultra frame. Here is a picture of my setup so far..... wanting to add a thru-wall skimmer, waiting on $$$. Can't say enough about ditching intex pump, filter, and fittings!![attachment=0:qt9462by]IMAG0168.jpg[/attachment:qt9462by]

Attachments

• IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 2,540
Here is my Fountain, This was so easy to make, took me about 2 hours and 6 Beers, hahah
I used a 1-1/4 inch Cantex Conduit Box Adaptor I bought at Lowes and a 1-1/2 inch PVC Coupler for my connection
at the SWG and Pool's Output. I sanded the 1-1/4 inch Cantex Conduit Box Adaptor so it would be smooth for the gasket at the pool's intake. I drilled holes and tapped them out and found some PVC Threaded inserts at a Pool store. Installed them in the fountain so it would not leak and run down the pool, with my fountain and sunsail shade, My pool Temp has only got up to 89 Degrees and its 100 degrees here in Dallas the last few days...Here are some Pics
PVCALL.jpg

FountainBack.jpg

FountainBack2.jpg

FountainClose.jpg

FountainSide.jpg

johnnvns said:
Here is my Fountain, This was so easy to make, took me about 2 hours and 6 Beers, hahah
I used a 1-1/4 inch Cantex Conduit Box Adaptor I bought at Lowes and a 1-1/2 inch PVC Coupler for my connection
at the SWG and Pool's Output. I sanded the 1-1/4 inch Cantex Conduit Box Adaptor so it would be smooth for the gasket at the pool's intake. I drilled holes and tapped them out and found some PVC Threaded inserts at a Pool store. Installed them in the fountain so it would not leak and run down the pool, with my fountain and sunsail shade, My pool Temp has only got up to 89 Degrees and its 100 degrees here in Dallas the last few days...Here are some Pics
PVCALL.jpg

FountainBack.jpg

FountainBack2.jpg

FountainClose.jpg

FountainSide.jpg

johnnvns said:
PVCALL.jpg

FountainBack.jpg

FountainBack2.jpg

FountainClose.jpg

FountainSide.jpg

I'm new to my pool and this forum and already have learned a ton. Thanks to everyone taking the time to post their information.

I am trying to hard plumb my 12x24 ultraframe so I can add a heater to the system. Unlike the rest of the United States, Seattle is rarely over 70 degrees. I really had to laugh at the efforts to get the pool temp down to 89 degrees. I am trying to get mine above 65.

Reading through this thread, I don't understand what people are using for the nuts over the electrical conduit fitting. Several of the pictures show a two piece nut but the links to the part on the Intex site don't lead there. Some of the system photos show a mixture of two piece and one piece nuts. I have searched as much as I can on the Intex site and can't find anything. Do I have to cut apart the original hoses to get the nuts and then make gaskets? Anyone have a source for the nuts?

Thanks!
hobie

Hello all,

After finding exactly the help i needed for my Intex Ultra Frame pool, I felt compelled to add some photos for others who my need them.

I wanted to move my pump to different location for reasons not related to this post really. I quickly found, like everyone else, that the pipe threads are metric and not compatible with anything in a hardware store. After finding this post, i made my own flanges and used the existing l-shaped seals and threaded caps. worked great without any other difficulty.

Attachments

• 2012-08-06_11-17-41_797.jpg
    2012-08-06_11-17-41_797.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 2,167
  • 2012-08-06_11-18-20_375.jpg
    2012-08-06_11-18-20_375.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,094
  • 2012-08-06_11-18-26_968.jpg
    2012-08-06_11-18-26_968.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,106

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To: Bright1978
I connected my water hose to a 3/4 inch pvc pipe using an adaptor I got at Home Depot that allows the connection and at the water turn on valve, I connected a Water Timer, to come on every 3 days and fill the pool for 10 minutes at 5 am, In the summer, I had it come on every 2 days at 8 minutes, Its worry free, haha, As far as my fountain, it is only sitting on the top of the pool and it does not move due to the pvc connection below it.

I also used the pvc adapters on my Intex 16x48 ultra frame pool and they are great. Just remember to look in the electrical pvc isle at Lowes or HD. Very inexpensive for what they do. Also installed a thru the wall skimmer and a fountain. All ideas I learned about on Trouble Free Pools.

Attachments

• 12-A9FB23F4-922005-960.jpg
    12-A9FB23F4-922005-960.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 1,949
Has anybody tried the modified fittings on these twist-plunge valves? These are the valves included with our new Ultra Frame pool. It has this "nub" that sticks out of the valve where the hose slides on and seals via the o-ring. The nut itself has no seal, as it is just used to hold the hose onto the "nub". I think I either need a fitting that will slide over the nub, or cut the nub off altogether.

I would just replace the entire valve with a ball valve, but I still have this same problem on the pump. Any ideas?
Pool side...

Pump side...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.