Conversion beginning

We put the pool as far over to the left as we could, you can tell by the fence and put all the plumbing behind the pool in the corner. Luckily we have awesome privacy and we have enough yard on the other side that she isn't bothered unless its kids laughing. I will send one more pic of the yard and show you.

I just swept it down and shocked it and dunked all the toys, floats, EVERYTHING!
Numbers now....
Cl - off the chart way above 5....bright bright yellow.
pH was up a little at 8.2, so I fixed that

Day #4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 32
I just vomited a little at that photo!

Don't worry about your PH during the conversion. It's going to have a false reading while your FC is above 10. Just focus on your chlorine levels. Wait until you get your TF-100.....then your husband will REALLY dig playing pool boy. :D

Ok I got a question.....my test results tonight measured a 2, pool calculator said put 284 oz of bleach in.....I did and 30 minutes later tested. The result is ORANGE, not yellow.....orange. Huh???? What have I done?

Slammed the pool.

Your FC level is higher than your test can really do. Once you get your new kit all this will make more sense. Your levels will come down quickly tomorrow if the sun comes out. Try to retest with 50% distilled water /50% pool water. You'll see a more normal yellow.....

BUTTTTTTTTT

What % of chlorine is your bleach?? At 8% (most bleach is now) your FC levels went up 24FC....try to stay at 15 to keep the risk of anything bad happening.

Can I just say how intelligent you are.....hand me a heart attack please......ok well ole DG ran out of bleach so we went to the handy dandy Publix and bought their store brand....can you say "that would be read the label for $1000 please Alex".......
The Dollar General brand bleach is 6%
The Publix brand is 8.25% or it yields 7.86%
Do we call this OVERSLAM ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am!! Wow....it's been quite an interesting day I will say I'm glad it's almost over....I did the 50-50 distilled water/pool water and it results a 5 (as high as mine will go) TF-100 should be here tomorrow. I'm ok now....thank you yet AGAIN & AGAIN!

Leebo, YOU right now have been praised to my entire family....everyone I work with that has listened to me for two seasons of painful swampy soup, flocc, and not swimming while they all shake their heads in pity since they ARE swimming and ask....what again is that stuff called you use.....I think it needs a ban....as well as anyone else that would listen....YOU MY DEAR ARE THE AWESOMEST SUPERSTAREST BEST! In my book anyway!----and my darling husbands too!

I can't take the credit, as its the process that's doing the work. I'm glad I can help you learn it.

Early on, it looks like you made the right call by not draining the pool. The rainfall has diluted the Baqua down a lot, which is also the reason the Baquacil wasn't working in the first place. We'll be able to tell MUCH more today with your own test kit. I'd like to see how many CC's (bad chlorine) you have in the pool still. This will show you just where you are in the conversion. While you've seen a huge improvement in the looks of the pool, there's still a HUGE chance that you still have a ways to go.

For now, brush, vacuum and backwash the pool. Once your kit shows up test and raise the FC to 15. I'd test this morning if you wish using your 5way kit, but if you get a dark yellow I'd pass on adding more bleach. Why risk over bleaching.

I'm telling you...you know your stuff, I understand its the fact that you've been doing it and you know what to look for....for example....I did test this morning before I read your post and decided to skip the bleach because it was still way high. I won't be home till around 6:00 today so I'm anxious to see what a difference all the sunshine does today. We both scrubbed and wiped down every inch including flipped over the steps and brushed them to make sure we did a good job yesterday. Saw a layer of film skimming over the top afterward. Hopefully the test kit will be here, I'm going to track it and find out. I will post this afternoons results later! Talk to you soon....

Just a reminder of exactly how far we have come....

Pic 1 - 2 weeks ago (pump off per pool expert at the pool store) Dont you just love what its doing while its JUST SITTING THERE
Pic 2 and 3 - today

Attachments

• 2013-07-17 15.50.48.jpg
    2013-07-17 15.50.48.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2013-07-17 15.50.54.jpg
    2013-07-17 15.50.54.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2013-07-17 15.50.58.jpg
    2013-07-17 15.50.58.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 15

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.