Confused...need a little guidance

Well it's nice and blue and clear again. I have gotten this far before. It just will not stay this way. Have not passed all SLAM requirements yet. Just updating.

Attachments

• 20230414_143426.jpg
    20230414_143426.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 16
It is definitely clearer but not quite
How Clear is TFP Clear?
keep going until you pass all 3 end of slam criteria 👍🏻
You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
the water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

Then keep it that way by ensuring your fc never falls below minimum for your cya & aim for upper target 🎯
FC/CYA Levels

Reactions: Bperry
I have been at SLAM level for awhile now. The water is clear and blue but when I use the brush I still see a small cloud being pushed around. Which would suggest algea still sitting at the bottom, correct? I am vacuuming and brushing daily. It just seems all that should be out by now. Am I doing something wrong? Filter not picking it up, maybe?

I have been at SLAM level for awhile now. The water is clear and blue but when I use the brush I still see a small cloud being pushed around. Which would suggest algea still sitting at the bottom, correct? I am vacuuming and brushing daily. It just seems all that should be out by now. Am I doing something wrong? Filter not picking it up, maybe?
It’s only been 9 days, it may take a bit longer. What does the OCLT say? 9 days isn’t long for a pool with green water.

Reactions: Mdragger88
You’re not doing anything wrong- going from swamp to
How Clear is TFP Clear? is not an overnight process & takes time.
Sand filters are the slowest to clear. Keep with slam.
If the fc losses have slowed you can try adding a little de to the filter to help catch the finer stuff * but make sure you’re available to babysit it as the pressure can increase quickly.

Also, If you’ve never done so, you may also want to try a deep clean of your sand as well.
You’re turning the corner- keep with it 👍🏻

If the pool overflowed large amounts or there is significant debris in the pool, then yes. But an inch of rain is not a big deal.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more question. The SLAM process states to adjust ph at the beginning because anything over 10 chlorine is unreliable. When keeping it in slam this long do you not worry about PH?

One more question. The SLAM process states to adjust ph at the beginning because anything over 10 chlorine is unreliable. When keeping it in slam this long do you not worry about PH?
No. You test FC to maintain your SLAM level FC.

Passed CC test and my OCLT test did not move last night. Same on both test. The water is clear and blue. Just not really sure on the dead algae part.

You wanna keep going until you’re crystal clear- & no algae (dead or alive).
The dead stuff should lessen every day.
The idea is that dead stuff was very recently alive stuff so when it becomes less & less instead of more & more you’re in the home stretch. To ensure eradication you want nothing left.
Sand filters are the slowest to clear the dead algae - if you have time to babysit the filter you can add de to help the sand catch the fine stuff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.