Concrete pool up north

This is insane to actually fill up the pool after years of hard labour, do I have to tell you that I'm one happy person tonight :whoot:
I have brought out the computer so I can grill our salmon at the same time that I post here backed up with the sound of the water that slowly fills the pool :party: FPM your little beauty :) it will take a while yes, I did a fast calculation and it said around 40 hours :shock: But I have the time to wait. I will be out here for a while tonight that's for sure. I'm gonna sit here with poolside and philosophi about all good things in life and drink a few glasses of a nice wine :goodjob:

Laleda and mr fusion! Did you really read the whole thread from the beginning. I started out pretty strong If I may say it myself but half way did it lost track :cool: No I'm kidding I'm very glad that you liked it.
I work as a service technician both with electrics and mechanics and travelling around alot within Sweden. So I'm away like ten nights a months, I can choose pretty much myself how often I like to stay at hotels or If I want to drive home. I'm use to Hotels and have learned to live with them but in the beginning is just a drag not to be able to get home during the night and see the family.

The salmon is ready so I have to end. I will be back later this evening with a longer rant :cheers:[attachment=1:hxsd7t33]Watching the water flowIMG_8400.gif[/attachment:hxsd7t33][attachment=0:hxsd7t33]Watching the water flowIMG_8403.gif[/attachment:hxsd7t33]

Attachments

• Watching the water flowIMG_8400.gif
    Watching the water flowIMG_8400.gif
    315.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Watching the water flowIMG_8403.gif
    Watching the water flowIMG_8403.gif
    223 KB · Views: 258

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Matts, I AM SOOOO HAPPY THE POOL IS FINALLY GETTING FILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've done such a great job of documenting your build that we all want to go sit in the few cm of water you've already added!

This is the most viewed thread here and with good reason, you've even taught an 'old pool war horse' a couple of things about how a pool SHOULD be built :bowdown:

You have done a superlative job with your DIY pool!!!!!!!!! I wish I could send the new guys (and some of the old ones) at work over to learn the RIGHT way to build a pool :cool:

Love and Luck, Matts! (please share it with Eva and your kids :wink: )

Ted you are a very special person that I hope I will have the fortune to meet atleast once in life. You never know. Bigger things than that have happend.

This is taken a few sec ago and it has now been 5 hours since I started to fill and it's like 6,5" of water in it and the colour of the water starts to show :cheers:

Ivyleager! That concerte is(if I could choose any) "The" concertes I really I would like to have experienced live if I could to pick one. My favourite except for Dylan's performance of course :cool: Is seven days with Ronnie Wood. The solo he plays with steve Cropper most be one of the best ever played, it's sooo awesome that indescribable.
That show was (as you know of course) broadcast all over the world live. I remember that I had to sign up for one year to that pay channel that sent the show here in Sweden. But it was all worth it.
Thank good for pay per view nowadays :)[attachment=0:1ya13spc]5 hours laterIMG_8405.gif[/attachment:1ya13spc]

EDIT! I saw when I should post that Meg have payed me another tribute :wave: I think it's her second post on this forum and that you spent them both on me is very flattering. I appreciate it alot and send my very best to your beloved husband :)

best of regards
Mats

Attachments

• 5 hours laterIMG_8405.gif
    5 hours laterIMG_8405.gif
    267 KB · Views: 243
YES!!!! This is awesome!! Yes, I read this entire thread and could not wait to see the results. I have an audience now, my girlfriends are wondering, WHY in the world you would want to swap with Dylan? OMG! we would poster your picture from July 10, 2009 Pg 8 and put it on our walls!! We are all happily married, but come on, give yourself credit for that 6 pack you have going on, and...you are swedish!! We envy your wife, the rock of your world.

Your work is meticulous, thanks for sharing, and stay with us. We have lots to share.

I have learned soooo much from this site and I feel like I have a new family. Thanks all!!

Someone's going to say it, and it might as well be me: . . . you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone . . .

Congrats! Can't wait to see it all the way full. Hopefully you are in for some nice summer weather so your family and you can start enjoying it right away. The tile work in that shot is truly awesome and your yard will be beautiful! Now, why I can't I talk my DH into a little DIY project like this??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.