Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Greetings,

I have two different issues I would like to ask about as I try to refurbish my pool deck:

First, the deck is concrete and was built in sections (first image). Each section was separated by wooden 4 X 4s, which have rotten over time and I am removing and replacing. One section of the deck has appeared to have sunken about 2 to 3 inches as compared to all other sections of deck. Not sure the image will show justice to the problem. I see commercials of foundation repair companies. Is this an option to repair a sinking pool deck? Not sure about the expense of such a repair or if it's even possible. If not, any suggestions?

Secondly, I trusted a paint supply guy who handed me a bag of concrete floor repair material which I used to repair cracks (second image) last fall. During the winter the material weathered out of the crack...failed. Think it was meant for indoors. Will remove all the material. Would you recommend a good crack filler for a concrete pool deck?

Attachments

• 20200405_131754.jpg
    20200405_131754.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200405_113020 (2).jpg
    20200405_113020 (2).jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 33
Here are some discussions about mudjacking sunken concrete...

If the underlying base is not stable then the area will sink again. It is best to rip it out and put a proper base in.

For the crack I would chip it out to make an even wide joint and put some Type S mortar in it.

@bdavis466 thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.