Completed Lagoon Syle Pool - Conroe TX

Re: New Pool - Conroe TX

That is going to be beautiful. We were not going to do the spa but have several friends in Houston who don't have them and told us they regretted it. Not sure how much we will use it but I'm thinking after long days of putting the landscaping in this spring, my poor old tired back may be thankful! Good luck with yours!

Beautiful design. One comment... can't resist... but there are a couple of areas you are spending money on perimeter that are being wasted. The builders charge by perimeter. I think you could squeeze more pool out and keep close to the design. (Tanning ledge area of the pool and the side of the pool with less decking and no chairs in the rendering. A great friend of mine who has a pool told me to measure a string to scale and play with it on paper. I was a little shocked with the results and it made me make some minor tweaks. I look forward to following your pool build. This is going to be a great design to have fun landscaping. The rocks and tanning ledge shape look gorgeous.

appleguy711 said:
Beautiful design. One comment... can't resist... but there are a couple of areas you are spending money on perimeter that are being wasted. The builders charge by perimeter. I think you could squeeze more pool out and keep close to the design. (Tanning ledge area of the pool and the side of the pool with less decking and no chairs in the rendering. A great friend of mine who has a pool told me to measure a string to scale and play with it on paper. I was a little shocked with the results and it made me make some minor tweaks. I look forward to following your pool build. This is going to be a great design to have fun landscaping. The rocks and tanning ledge shape look gorgeous.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Wishing you luck on the build. Forgive me for not going back in the thread, but you could save some bucks on the Ozone/UV system. It really won't get you much on an outdoor pool.

Brushpup said:
Congratulations!

Wishing you luck on the build. Forgive me for not going back in the thread, but you could save some bucks on the Ozone/UV system. It really won't get you much on an outdoor pool.

Yeah there are some "ozone/UV haters" here! Ok question to y'all: is there a proven way to reduce/minimize chorine? When I was a kid and we hung out in the pool all day we'd have red eyes and our blonde hair would turn green by the end of summer. Is there a way to prevent that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Proper maintenance of FC, and pH levels on a consistent basis combined with proper CYA level will eliminate both.

Irritation was usually due to improper FC levels and high CC levels.

High FC levels with no or too little Cya can have an effect on hair color.

The pitch that Ozone and UV will reduce Chlorine needs are largely complete myth. I promise you that if you maintain FC, pH and Cya properly, you'll have few of the feared problems, if any at all.

AND WE'RE OFF!!

They started digging yesterday! The superintendent came and laid out the pool last Friday and I found out that that he took some liberties with the shape (and size). No complaints here, it looks great. Yesterday morning the digging crew showed up and they dug and shaped it all perfectly yesterday. My wife wasn't too enthusiastic with the picture taking unfortunately. When I got home it was still light enough for me to see the end result, but too dark to take pictures.

Rik iPhone 012.jpg

Today they are laying out the PV3 system. Tomorrow steel and probably gunnite on Monday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Absolutely.

Proper maintenance of FC, and pH levels on a consistent basis combined with proper CYA level will eliminate both.

Irritation was usually due to improper FC levels and high CC levels.

High FC levels with no or too little Cya can have an effect on hair color.

The pitch that Ozone and UV will reduce Chlorine needs are largely complete myth. I promise you that if you maintain FC, pH and Cya properly, you'll have few of the feared problems, if any at all.

Ditto this. The chlorine smell is from combined chlorine. You can have sky high free chlorine and won't smell a thing although it may bleach your clothing a bit.

As for green hair - thats not from chlorine, it's from copper - usually from algaecides needed once a free chlorine gets out of whack.

My SWG is a snap to manage, i seal my natural stone every6 months or so - no problems to date. The salt water actually 'feels better' to swim in, especially after prolonged periods.

Finally, for what it's worth, the spa is the best part of our pool. Can heat it up in a snap and the kids love it. I wouldn't consider myself a 'spa guy' but we use it all year long.

plans look great!!!

Looks like you are in the thick of it now!

Ok question to y'all: is there a proven way to reduce/minimize chorine? When I was a kid and we hung out in the pool all day we'd have red eyes and our blonde hair would turn green by the end of summer. Is there a way to prevent that?
I didn't see this post until now. I should have asked you why before and not just told you they are a waste of your money. As the posters above said, correct usage of chlorine (as taught here at tfp) will result in both of these not being a problem.

The plumbers came Friday and worked all day Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday. I'm impressed with the installation!

The pump on the left is a variable speed pump (2.75hp) for circulation through the filter and the sun shelf gushers. The middle pump (2hp) is for the PV3 system. The pump on the right (2.5HP) is for the waterfall.. I didn't realize we'd get 3 pumps!

This morning started with a massive rain down pour.. But I was pleasantly surprised when the rod busters showed up (and finished the job today!)

Gunnite (tentatively) planned for Thursday..

Curious as to why separate pumps for the filter and waterfall. Our pool has 1 pump and when the waterfall or deck jets are on the the skimmer is disabled.

It's hard to say without knowing more about your pool. Usually, more pumps are needed to provide all the flow needed while satisfying the needs of the pool filtration system.
It would be best to start a thread on the subject as you will get much more info and many more replies.

Looking good S9! I am looking forward to seeing this one completed. What a nice pool this will be!

At 5:45 this morning the gunnite crew showed up! They fired up the pump at first light.

Still a little dark to take a proper picture but you get the idea :)

Starting to look like a pool!

I'll post some more pictures when they're done. Tomorrow gunnite clean up. I think the next big step is going to be the 10 ton waterfall, that should be good!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.