Comparing Test Kits

May 20, 2015
Staten Island, NY
Moved from here.

Sorry to re-hash this. I was looking to see the difference between recommended kits. The link to Test Kits Compared is dead/removed. If anyone is interested in seeing this topic. Please utilize the wayback machine which created a snapshot of the topic. I found one from 2018.

WebSnapShot 2018 - Test Kits Compared

I am aware pricing is different from way back then, but I would assume none of these kits modified the qty of re-agents provided since then. Unless someone can confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
The links are working just fine for me on iOS safari.
However the chart doesn’t yet include the tfpro- maybe because of some redundancy.
FA7C8CDE-9339-4665-B5EE-02B2F3BF4878.pngDF56CBC7-3243-4BD4-9070-645D6563DF20.png

That was the link that's removed.

Nope, all links that point to the pool test kits compared topic just bring you back to the home page. The topic is completely gone from the forum. The more info link is helpful, but doesn't provide comparison of quantity between the tests in each kit for specific chemical balancing.
The links are working just fine for me on iOS safari.
However the chart doesn’t yet include the tfpro- maybe because of some redundancy.
The link posted by Rocket Squirrel works for me as well in MS Edge, takes me directly to the Test Kits Compared page.

The link from the old 2009 post goes to the home page like you say.

The URLs are different. As Marty said it's probably a browser/cache issue if the new link is doing the same thing for you.

That is an issue with certain browsers. Try clearing the cache on your browser.
Your absolutely correct. But I can't seem to figure out how to clear it up on my main browser. Currently on latest Chrome. In my main profile, it just redirects back to the blog homepage when I click pool school and pool math. When I make an incognito window. It works. I already cleared cash and history. I guess, I'll just review on firefox.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welp. I cleared cache and it did nothing. I even cleared cache on my mobile device and still have this issue.

But here's the twist.
It's only when I'm signed into my TFP acct. Whether on Firefox, Chrome, Waterfox or on PC or Android device. As soon as I sign into my account. It makes all the links on the side bar bring me back to the Home, page. I've recorded a video of the error. I open a incognito Waterfox (firefox), go to TFP, before signing in. All links work. I sign into the account, click a link on the side bar and it just brings me back to the main page. I've attached a .mp4 video on my google drive for viewing purposes of the issue. Please note, I've removed the portion of the video where I input my login credentials for privacy reasons. You will see the logon screen briefly, please note the user-name is logged in the top right afterwards. ~8mb/56 seconds long.

Please see link:
TFP error viewing site upon login

Maybe a developer can see if my account wasn't properly transferred to the new forum?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.