Clueless! New to forum

Day 26:
Doesn't look much different today! I think that the circulation in my pool is really inefficient somehow.... is a 1hp pump motor big enough for a 26,700 gal. pool? I turned on the auxiliary pump, which only sends water out one return next to the skimmer and is only used when I run the polaris, and it is really noisy without the polaris attached. Is it okay to run it without the polaris just to try to increase circulation? There are only 2 return jets on the opposite wall as the skimmer, one in the deep end & one in the shallow end. There are also the 2 smaller jets at the base of the stairs that I don't use because it decreases the flow drastically to the other jets AND I have a really hard time turning the handle to even open them!! Also, remember there is no main drain!

This morning, when I was brushing in the deep end, my brush hung up on something. I remembered that there is a large wrinkle in the lining there, but below the wrinkle feels like something hard is stinking through the liner!!!! Is that possible!! If there is a tear or something, that could explain why I can't clear up this pool!!

I wonder what it is? Is there ANY way you can dive down and feel it? I wonder if you have a swim mask or goggles on if you could see it at all?

Is this the first time you have brushed down there?

Any kind of wind that could have put a branch in the pool?

Kim

Hey Kim,

Unfortunately I can't dive down there because of an ear problem, and my helpers (son & son-in-law) are gone on vacation.... somewhere else where they can swim... lol!! It's not the first time I have brushed there but it is the first time I snagged on something there. It would not surprise me if there was a branch but it doesn't seem to budge! That's why I'm afraid something is sticking out! I've tried the brush & leaf rake with no luck. I'm going to keep at it... just frustrated:brickwall: Thanks!!

Joanne

It might be a tree root. Be real careful with it until you can see it as that vinyl isn't very thick. If it didn't want to move I'd leave it alone for now.

Day 28 update: Still cloudy.... out of reagent but hopefully will be here tomorrow. I'm still adding bleach & watching pressure with the DE in the filter. I backwashed yesterday because of a lot of rain raising the water level and added new DE, but the pressure hasn't really changed from the original +1psi. How do I know if it's working??? This is so painfully slow!!! I'm anxious to get in my pool at least once this summer before I have to go back to teaching on July 31st!!! Sorry about the whining:(

100 +

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If there is a tear or something, that could explain why I can't clear up this pool!!
I doubt there is a tear, you would probably be losing water if there were.

Also, remember there is no main drain!
I saw earlier that you purchased a vacuum hose but it didn't fit in the skimmer using the vacuum plate.

Will the hose fit directly into the hole at the bottom of the skimmer?

If it does, sink your vacuum head, or just the hose end, to the bottom of the deep end. If using the vacuum head, try to get it to sit on it's side or upside down. Then hook the other end of the hose directly into the skimmer.

This will get the water circulating from the bottom of the deep end!

You are doing great!!!

Day 30 update:

Sorry to leave y'all hanging. It rained a lot again yesterday so I have backwashed & added new DE. I still don't have my reagent yet!! But, I have been continuing to add bleach according to my recent schedule. I have kept the vac head in the deep end for the last 2 days & nights & it does seem to be going a little faster :p I can see my brush head in the shallow end now (not clear) and can definitely see the bottom step of the ladder in the deep end!!!! It was hard to get a good pic because it's so sunny today.... I hope you can see the improvements :cool:

Ok, I did get my reagent this afternoon and tested to find my CC is now zero!!! So, I have lowered the amount of chlorine I'm adding back to SLAM level (10) from the 16 I have kept up for the past 2+ wks. I will never pass OCLT, however, because the water is still not clear :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.