cloudy pool is making me crazy

morning fc at 28 not to sure whats up the test kit the water was not fully clear. i dropped a couple extra but the water stopped changing color. water was clear but when u put it against something white it still looked slightly pink very light.

Yes...just hold it above 24ppm ( can target 30ppm safely) and keep itup there until you have less than 1ppm overnight FC loss. The shock process can take 3-4 days and now that you have a kit, you can assume you are on day 2. Also, have you had the water tested for copper/metals? I' wondering if you maybe have dead algae causing the cloudiness combined with a metal problem giving the green tint (not likely, but possible)?

dmanb2b said:
Also, have you had the water tested for copper/metals? I' wondering if you maybe have dead algae causing the cloudiness combined with a metal problem giving the green tint (not likely, but possible)?

yes i had it tested yesterday, no metal in the pool. i think its from me brushing the floor of the pool and mixing the algae into the water. plus i through two bags of cal-hypo in the pool cause i had no bleach. yesterday it was deep green, today its more of a pale green. still seeing water striders in the pool. whenever i do see them something in my pool is usually off.

well it looks like the algae is starting to turn gray but i still see a little brown in there. the pool is still cloudy but blue. will do an overnight fc test tonight. what do you guys think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.