Crestwood, kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
New to the pool scene. I haven't been able to shake the cloudy water on the deep (6') side of the pool. We have had a lot of rain and I know that can be a contributor. OCLT passed and I didn't want to make a decision to quickly to SLAM. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 22.59.56.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 22.59.56.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 11
New to the pool scene. I haven't been able to shake the cloudy water on the deep (6') side of the pool. We have had a lot of rain and I know that can be a contributor. OCLT passed and I didn't want to make a decision to quickly to SLAM. Any thoughts?
Slam criteria:
  1. OCLT FC <=1
  2. CC <=.5
  3. Clear pool. No algae...dead or alive. Clear, clear.
Keep SLAM level FC until pool is Clear. How clear? TFP Clear...Link-->How Clear is TFP Clear?

Reactions: cdadams1223
As mentioned by @PoolStored, per the SLAM criteria, you only passed #1 which is the OCLT. You still see cloudy water and you did not mention what your combined chlorine (CC) was so time to SLAM. With a CYA of 70, your SLAM level is unfortunately high at 28ppm of liquid chlorine (LC). It's MUCH easier to SLAM with a CYA of 30-40 because it requires less FC. Since you're suing Pool Math, go to "Effects of Adding" in the menu on the left side, and plug in what's needed to add 28ppm. I did it for you and it will require 4.2 gallons of FC. You will have to maintain that level and check it every few hours to ensure all of the algae, etc. eating your chlorine is gone for good. Once you've met steps 2-3 and your OCLT is still good, you're done! Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.