Ball Ground GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
my pool is pretty well balanced currently but will not hold chlorine. Currently losing around 4ppm overnight. The kicker is it has next to zero CC and is crystal clear. Im still a novice here and can’t seem to find any info that fits my issue. This is the first year opening. I’m not sure where to start with this.

Numbers right now are
FC: 0.4
CC: .2
PH: 7.4
CYA: 50
ALK: 85
CH: 150

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    820.8 KB · Views: 5
my pool is pretty well balanced currently but will not hold chlorine. Currently losing around 4ppm overnight. The kicker is it has next to zero CC and is crystal clear. Im still a novice here and can’t seem to find any info that fits my issue. This is the first year opening. I’m not sure where to start with this.

Numbers right now are
FC: 0.4
CC: .2
PH: 7.4
CYA: 50
ALK: 85
CH: 150
Welcome to TFP!

When you allow FC to get very low as yours is, algae can get a foothold. Your regular chlorination may keep it from exploding, but it still hangs around using up chlorine.

The important thing is to never let the FC drop below the minimum level for your CYA level.
FC/CYA Levels

Reactions: hilby
Welcome to TFP!

When you allow FC to get very low as yours is, algae can get a foothold. Your regular chlorination may keep it from exploding, but it still hangs around using up chlorine.

The important thing is to never let the FC drop below the minimum level for your CYA level.
FC/CYA Levels
Welcome to TFP!

FC/CYA Levels
understood. Thank you! With it being clear blue and very low CC, would you recommend SLAMMING or just raising FC to recommended levels to match CYA and try and hold there?