May 17, 2023
Haslet, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am looking to add an SWG to my pool.
Considering the Circupool Edge40, but certainly open to suggestions.

I have seen others post about using a timer switch with an SWG for fine tuning chlorine generation.
What I am curious about is, does "cutting power" to the SWG reset or change the settings? If you "unplug it and plug it back in" (in my case using a relay or timer), do you have to manually press the on/off switch to turn it back on, or will it revert to previous state after power loss?

Perhaps it makes more sense to put a relay in parallel with the flow switch, rather than cutting power if I want to "turn it off"?

Mine is on a timer. The SWG retains the settings. When timer turns on, the SWG functions as it should without need to press any buttons on the Circupool SWG.

Another option - what I do - is just run VSP at slowest speed necessary to keep SWCG flow switch on, 24/7. For me that's 1200-1400 rpms at ~200 watts.

It uses very little electricity, skims pool constantly, and is always making a little FC.

I'm happy with RJ60+

@proavia -thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

@reggiehammond - that's what I expect to do too, but wanted to know my options.
to start with, I won't use any automation on the SWG.. and expect the flow switch should be enough to manage it anyway... just didn't want to limit future capabilities if I decide I need it..

@proavia -thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

@reggiehammond - that's what I expect to do too, but wanted to know my options.
to start with, I won't use any automation on the SWG.. and expect the flow switch should be enough to manage it anyway... just didn't want to limit future capabilities if I decide I need it..
I installed a normal 120v plug on mine and connected it to a smart plug so I can turn it on and off when the pump isn’t running 24/7

... and expect the flow switch should be enough to manage it anyway...
The flow switch is the SECONDARY safety device.
A timer or pool automation needs to be used as the PRIMARY safety device.

The flow switch could fail without you knowing it and the cell could explode.
It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: hairlesshacker
Mixtures of hydrogen and chlorine gas are MOST DEFINITELY explosive. When there is no flow both gasses are evolved and build up. Hydrogen/Chlorine mixtures have very low detonation thresholds… just about anything can ignite a mixture including UV light. The explosive force is strong enough to shatter any PVC it is housed in.

The only safe way to use an SWG is to ensure that it is powered up only when the pump is running and water is flowing.

Reactions: proavia
For those using the RJ-60, does your control box sit in the sun and rain like mine will for a while? I plan to build a little roof over it until I can build a shed over the entire equipment pad. Having a job is a huge interruption of my life...

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.