Chlorine Testing

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing.

A FAS/DPD test you put powder in the water and add drops until the water turns clear. I'm guessing this is the one you are talking about. It is the most accurate and can tell the chlorine levels down to 0.2 ppm FC

There is a color match OTO test that you put drops in the water and "match" the color to a scale. This is less accurate and can be somewhat subjective.

Many people once their pool is stable use an OTO test for daily monitoring and only use the FAS/DPD test once or twice a week to be sure they are not going off course.

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing.

A FAS/DPD test you put powder in the water and add drops until the water turns clear. I'm guessing this is the one you are talking about. It is the most accurate and can tell the chlorine levels down to 0.2 ppm FC

There is a color match OTO test that you put drops in the water and "match" the color to a scale. This is less accurate and can be somewhat subjective.

Many people once their pool is stable use an OTO test for daily monitoring and only use the FAS/DPD test once or twice a week to be sure they are not going off course.
Yes, that is exactly what I was asking.

The input is appreciated. I like the idea of going to a daily OTO test and then using the powder once a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.