Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2024
Peoria, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm not sure if I'm doing part of the test correctly. I put in the two scoops (I usually use the .5/10ml fill). Swirl, add the drops and it is usually seems to be pretty accurate. However, I've never once had the sample turn any color when I add the 5 drops of the other drops (not sure what it is called). We really haven't used the pool much yet, but is this normal - to never have any combined chlorine? Here's where I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. When I'm done with the test I empty the water in my rocks and add a vial full of pool water to wash it out. When I add this new pool water it turns a little pink - could that be some of the powder still in the vial that didn't fully dissolve or is this a sign of combined chlorine and I'm doing something wrong on the test?
Thanks for your help and opinions.
Drew

I wouldn’t worry about it. I have only had CC 1-2 times in over 2 years of testing and even then it was at 0.5. Having it turn pink when filling the vial to clean it might mean some residual powder that was on the side or nothing. Only doing real test counts. Try to chill out.

Reactions: newdude
Not having any cc’s is a good thing!

It is normal for it to turn pink again when rinsing or letting it sit.
Happens to me every time.

Reactions: newdude