Chlorine loss during the day.

It is very possible. Many in the hot climates raise their CYA 10 at a time and road test the new level when the FC loss seems excessive.

Overnight Chlorine Loss Test before raising the CYA though because your SLAM target goes up 4ppm for every 10 CYA.

Reactions: Oly
These readings were from this morning.

FC 8.5
CYA 40 (Probably closer to 37)
PH 7.0
TA 9O
CH 250

I just finished slam 2 nights ago, pool is absolutely gorgeous, met all criteria to finish slam with flying colors including the oclt (did not lose any overnight). The only thing I have done since ending the slam is add some calcium hardness increaser. So I got up before work this morning and recorded levels so I would get an idea of how much uv loss I was gonna have daily. Thank you all. Nobody's used the pool at all yet. Thanks to all.

Reactions: Newdude
I did not know that. So, since I added calcium chloride within the last 24 hours, should I wait and retest the UV loss before raising Cya? Or just go ahead and adjust the cya to 50 anyway? Thankyou....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.