Check Salt & Inspect Cell Lights Flashing- Control Panel or Cell ??

Glad it worked out. Did you replace all of your outlets/recepticles, or did you replace your main breaker box ? .....You mentioned 'all new electrical box'. If you did the interior outlets its almost certain nothing could have hurt your SWG. Replacing the main breaker panel would be slightly more possible but still probably unrelated.

1. I Contacted the company (email & phone)--- 2 days no response

2. I ordered a new one from company to speed up the process---I hope they will then refund me 70% of the $269.00 cost for new one since warranty after 1 year states you only have to pay 30% of the cost for NEW

3. See pics of the burned Salt cell plug & control panel outlet -- going to see if I can have the CP outlet replaced rather than get an entire new CP

4. Wonder what caused this "burn" out ??
If you are certain the cell was plugged into the receptacle all the way in, then not much you can do to prevent this from happening. If you can solder, you can replace the CP Header with this Molex 15-24-6101
I went cheap and bought this instead and it worked. I did not get the chance to replace the plug cuz the user hammered the cell into pieces out of frustration. However, I was informed that this replacement should work. The pin cfg was posted here somewhere.

Last edited:
I see you ordered your original cell from 4saltpools.com . Unfortunately, based upon experience you will likely never receive a phone call back from them and if you do, I'll bet with the Platinum Edition cell (which is really a CompuPool cell) they will tell you to pursue the warranty with CompuPool in Australia. Buying another cell from them is worthless IMO and it looks like you came to your senses by just ordering a new system.

Again, keep us abreast of your warranty claim and what hoops you have to jump thru.

Thats good to know. Because I ordered a whole new SWG system, I'm no longer going to pursue the warranty claim. But I'm curious what they will tell me so once I find out I'll post on this forum.

Glad it worked out. Did you replace all of your outlets/recepticles, or did you replace your main breaker box ? .....You mentioned 'all new electrical box'. If you did the interior outlets its almost certain nothing could have hurt your SWG. Replacing the main breaker panel would be slightly more possible but still probably unrelated.

I only replaced the main breaker box inside. The box plus all new trips, but same wiring. Its definitely strange how same week box replaced a few days later the salt cell blown out. For all I know it happened
immediately when the power was turned back on but I don't know for certain. It was 3-5 days later that I looked at the control panel and saw the salt level on CP way off and the lights on.

If you are certain the cell was plugged into the receptacle all the way in, then not much you can do to prevent this from happening. If you can solder, you can replace the CP Header with this Molex 15-24-6101
I went cheap and bought this instead and it worked. I did not get the chance to replace the plug cuz the user hammered the cell into pieces out of frustration. However, I was informed that this replacement should work. The pin cfg was posted here somewhere.

How was your control panel when you replaced it? That is good info you shared.....I jumped the gun and ordered a whole new SWG (CircuPool Edge 40)
My panel was about 7-8 years old so not sure how much more life it had

MPK1970, can you please update your siggy with details about location of pool, size, equipment, etc. It really helps folks answer you efficiently when they can refer to those details. You can find the signature under your screen name in the top right.

Thanks! :)

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.