Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello!
We got a new liner so I’m starting with fresh water. For raising calcium hardness what is the difference between using CH increaser and calcium chloride? Calcium chloride is so much cheaper and I’m wondering if I can use that instead.
Thanks!

I’ve talked to several local pool care experts and they all say I need to have my calcium level around 200-250. I’ve gone through the whole website in a lot of detail.

As per all the above it's not needed with vinyl with the exception if you have a heater then 200 is recommended but since your signature isn't filled in with your pool information there's no way for us to say yes or no.

As per all the above it's not needed with vinyl with the exception if you have a heater then 200 is recommended but since your signature isn't filled in with your pool information there's no way for us to say yes or no.
Apologies. I guess I don’t know the proper protocol. Thanks for your input.

Welcome to the forum! Most of us are here because we screwed something up or ended up with a swamp. A new liner is a great excuse to invest in a proper test kit (Test Kits Compared) and take control of your pool. Take time to read through the articles in Post #2. Most important is to properly chlorinate your pool and maintain sufficient FC/CYA Levels to keep algae away.

Let us know how we can help.