Century motor bearing replacement

It might help if you posted a pic of the actual motor label so we can see all the details. Might make a difference. Some motors do indeed have different size bearings, I'm not sure about this model though. @JamesW might recall.

Or you can call TC Pool Equip linked here below who sells this bearing kit and ask for a second opinion.

In case this helps.

Reactions: NewPoolGirlTX
It might help if you posted a pic of the actual motor label so we can see all the details. Might make a difference. Some motors do indeed have different size bearings, I'm not sure about this model though. @JamesW might recall.

Or you can call TC Pool Equip linked here below who sells this bearing kit and ask for a second opinion.
[URL
I'd love to post a pic but I can't get to the label without removing the pump motor.

Thank you tho

Hi Marci, those bearing recommendations should be correct as long as your motor isn't too old (they should be fine if your motor was made in Asia). There is a parts breakdown of the Century B2855 motor here; just be sure to note your motor model number, as there are a few of its cousins on the same webpage.

They aren't too difficult to replace, though it can depend upon the age/condition of the motor. Inyo has a guide on replacing the bearings here. Your 3" bearing puller should be fine as long as it can go down to the size (40mm IIRC) of your bearings.

PS I'd recommend having a new seal kit on hand for when you reinstall the motor. It will ensure a leak-free installation to keep that new bearing spinning silently for a long time!

Last edited:
I replaced bearings last year and bought a box of 10 bearings (w/correct specs) on Amazon for less than a single bearing at the pool store; paid about $15 for the box. Only needed 2 but now I have spares for years. Replacing the bearings took about 15 minutes once I disconnect the motor from the pump housing and the wires.

Hi Marci, those bearing recommendations should be correct as long as your motor isn't too old (they should be fine if your motor was made in Asia). There is a parts breakdown of the Century B2855 motor here; just be sure to note your motor model number, as there are a few of its cousins on the same webpage.

They aren't too difficult to replace, though it can depend upon the age/condition of the motor. Inyo has a guide on replacing the bearings here. Your 3" bearing puller should be fine as long as it can go down to the size (40mm IIRC) of your bearings.

PS I'd recommend having a new seal kit on hand for when you reinstall the motor. It will ensure a leak-free installation to keep that new bearing spinning silently for a long time!

In case this helps.
UGH! It is my booster pump motor, not the main pump. Did not occur to me because the booster pump motor was new in July!!

Does this sound like bad bearings?

a photo of it's info plate:
20231116_161436.jpg

Thank you,

~Marci

Last edited:
Perhaps. I hear that high pitched whining sound. Also sounds as little gritty. Did you install it or someone else? Still under warranty perhaps?
I installed it. Checking with the seller to see if there is a warranty. Gritty and that whistle!
what else could cause a whistling noise?

I'm trying to figure out which bearings for it. I already ordered some but can return them.
if anyone can help with the bearings, I'd be grateful. I tried looking at INYO pools chart but I don't think I understand how to read it.
@InyoRich can you help? See pic 2 posts up. I had the wrong pump to blame.

Muchas Gracias y'all

Marci, the link below shows some bearing for your model booster pump (B625), but the frame type is slightly different. Not sure that makes a difference for the bearings, but I would feel better waiting for @InyoRich or @InyoRob to see if they can confirm. If they don't hop online soon we can try and tag some others here on the forum. Maybe a second opinion on that video clip sound as well.

Marci, the link below shows some bearing for your model booster pump (B625), but the frame type is slightly different. Not sure that makes a difference for the bearings, but I would feel better waiting for @InyoRich or @InyoRob to see if they can confirm. If they don't hop online soon we can try and tag some others here on the forum. Maybe a second opinion on that video clip sound as well.

Thank you so much!!
I appreciate all the help and knowledge

Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.