wcmaness

Jun 28, 2020
Arlington, TX
I have a Pentair system with an IC40 Intellichlor. Recently, my Intellichlor Load Center Surge Board went bad (partially) - so I've ordered a new one (but it's on backorder for an unknown length of time).

The Intellichlor itself is still getting power and still works; but since the board went bad, I can't change the output through the Pentair wall unit or remote like usual. It's stuck at 60% output, and I can't change it - I need it to be higher. I guess because it's plugged into the Pentair main unit, it only takes "orders" through it. The buttons on the Intellichlor do not function as an input source for changes (I tried that first - and several times after). The lights all work on the IC40 for diagnostics. In this bright sun & heat, the 60% level can only keep my pool at 1.5ppm fc.

So - is there a trick or setting to get the Pentair main unit to let me change the IC40 setting with the buttons on the IC40?

I'm hoping there's some way - surely this is not the first time this has happened. Thanks.

So you can increase the pump run time by 9 hours. That will increase your FC generation by 60% or so.

With an Intelliflo, you should be only using 200 watts or less per hour to run it.

wc,

Seems to me that the IC40 can run by itself, when it does not get an RS-485 connection.

If you disconnect the RS-485 cable from the main card J20 to the surge card, the IC40 should work from the cell itself. You may also have to disable the IntelliChlor in the setting page of the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With the Intelliph out of the loop, AND the RS-485 cable to the surge card disconnected, I can now adjust the output on the IC40. I tried changing the output on the IC40 and then putting the IntelliPH back in the loop, but that defaults the IC40 to 60%. So, I'll just be adding the acid manually until I get the new surge card.

Thanks for the advice.IC40.jpg

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.