Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Can I recycle a muriatic acid bottle? It's been well rinsed in the pool. Can I put it in the same recycling bin as well rinsed LC bottles?

Deb,

I recycle mine..

I guess it depends on where you buy your MA.

In my area MA comes from Lowes or Home Depot in gallon jugs. They are throw-away plastic bottles and not the kind you might get from a pool store which are refillable and have a deposit on them.

Thanks,

Jim R.

My question was really related to the fact that bottles that formerly held chlorine and a bottle that formerly held MA would be in close proximity. Since you have to have separate plastic cups to measure them, and those would be rinsed, I was questioning if the bottles could hang out together.

Reactions: Newdude
I was questioning if the bottles could hang out together.
They're sealed with no chance of leaking like full gallons might, like say, if the 2 full bottles fell off the shelf together in the shed and they both busted open.

You're fine when they're empty and capped. Even finer if they're rinsed well. :)

If the jugs are well rinsed it should not be any problem either with recycling them in general or putting them in the same container. I typically dunk them in the pool to get a cup or two of water in them put on the cap, shake well, and dump the contents back in the pool.
This is all you have to do...I believe you are overthinking this...good luck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.