Can a hairline valve crack cause a significant amount of air in the lines?

May 5, 2015
Texas
I called a pool company to report that I am seeing no water being drawn into the pump.
I feel like i am getting suction out of some inputs but not all.

I ran food coloring through different combinations of pipes and it came out 1 skimmer but not the other , etc but that,s not really the point.

The tech came out and said, your pump is old, needs to be replaced, your slab is broken and needs to be replaced as nothing is level and your pump is being supported by the pipes.
I pay $2000 and they replace the slab and pump and I get home and it it not level, and still totally being supported by the pipes.

He says there are no clogs but there are hairline cracks in your 3 way valve which is why you see so much air.
The pump skimmer ares is 50/50 water and air and there are bubbles flowing out of the pool return.

The pool cleaner floats because there is that much air coming in.

Can that much air really come from a hairline crack in the screw hole in t a 3 way valve?

Also look at the attached photo. Would you be upset if you paid 2k and came home to that?

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 41
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.