Calimar 3HP VS Pump port size question

Can I ask what you paid? I see this site has a lower price with the same quoted shipping. I wonder if Pool Supply Unlimited would price match.
Both those prices are a bonanza for a 3 hp vs that can be adapted to automation for $39! I'll be watching this to see how long they last and how things go with parts availability etc!

Chris

Just joined TFP and first post!

Was told by ProPools via email that their shipment of the Calimar 3HP VS Pump arrived today. Placed the order this morning and received shipping notification just now. For those interested in ordering. They did say they anticipate it will sell out fast.

Calimar

Reactions: newdude
I may end up doing this as well. Did they give you a hard time when you cancelled the Calimar? I'm really upset that they already charged my credit card and can't even tell me how long the wait will be. I'm going to check out the Waterway Power Defender VS Pump.
It was very easy to cancel if you decide to go that route. Just did a quick chat with customer service and they set it up. Obvisouly longevity is the real test, but so far with about 1 week and a half on the pump I haven't had any issues with the Waterway VS Pump.

Reactions: setsailsoon
so far with about 1 week and a half on the pump I haven't had any issues with the Waterway VS Pump.
TIA for keeping us updated as you go. Lots of folks are looking for alternatives with the current price gou........ ahem. Lopsided balance of supply and demand.

Not sure if this is the best thread, but figured its worth sharing: Pool Supply Unlimited confirmed stock on the CMARVSP3.0 today, and via the chat they gave me a $25 coupon code "save25". So, I just pulled the trigger on this pump. Could not pass up <$500 before tax and shipping (which took it to $570 all-in for me).

EDIT: Recieved UPS shipping notification same-day as order.

Last edited:
Check and see if it qualifies for energy star rebates from your electric company. Some still offer it and if they do, it's probably in the $250 to $500 range. I forget where (NH maybe) but somebody got the pump for $19 plus tax and shipping last year.

Check and see if it qualifies for energy star rebates from your electric company. Some still offer it and if they do, it's probably in the $250 to $500 range. I forget where (NH maybe) but somebody got the pump for $19 plus tax and shipping last year.
I appreciate this. Online searches came up short.
I did not show up on this list. Duke Energy was also listed for Ohio, but their website claims its discontinued. I will call my energy supplier as a last step.

Reactions: newdude