Brand new...help!

Does the bleach typically foam or is it the "additives" in the bleach?
Foam can come from a reaction with some algaecides, some algaes, or from the thickeners and scents and so on you find in the designer bleaches by Clorox.

I hope you didn't buy Splashless, High Efficiency, Scented, Outdoor... whatever. You want plain bleach. If you did buy the wrong stuff, use it on the laundry and be patient. It will eventually break down and stop foaming in a few days.

Foam can come from a reaction with some algaecides, some algaes, or from the thickeners and scents and so on you find in the designer bleaches by Clorox.

I hope you didn't buy Splashless, High Efficiency, Scented, Outdoor... whatever. You want plain bleach. If you did buy the wrong stuff, use it on the laundry and be patient. It will eventually break down and stop foaming in a few days.

A couple of them I put in a couple of days ago were "Splashless" LOL!! I now have the stuff from Ollie's...

Ok...now just did 4th SLAM in 2 hours...readings before 4th dump in FC 0.5-1.0 (slightly better) and CC is at 8. After round 2, I tested by pool return jet and FC was 4, but in deep end it was 0-0.5, so I do know FC is getting into the pool...

Can please someone tell me I am on right track? I have now put 20 gallons of 12.5% bleach in the pool in 2 hours and have another 20 gallons left...

Am I going to set an all-time record for a clear water pool -- meaning water looks great since opening but my test kits say otherwise!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FC 21, CC 0...target is 20...looking good! I assume I test every hour or so to see if it "holds"?
Just test to keep it above 20 until after the sun sets. You may still get loss during the day, but the CC-0 looks good.

Remember, You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

You have passed two of the three. OCLT tonight will be the key.

Test after the sun is off the pool tonight and before it is on the pool in the morning. As long as overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less you are done with the SLAM.

Ok...wasn't home but son said Friday night FC 9 CC 1...he didn't tell me otherwise I would have told him to throw more bleach; Saturday AM, FC 4 CC 1; since then, repeatedly bring up to FC 20 per Calculator Saturday afternoon, FC 11.5 CC 1...kept going and keeps dropping. This AM after OCLT, FC 14, CC 1

Last reading was FC 19, CC 0-0.5; put 2 more gallons to bring up to FC target to 27 (vs. 20) and let's see what happens...will be here to stay on top of today every hour or so...IF FC keeps dropping, do I just keep going OR should I shoot for a higher target FC to break this once and for all?

With CC =1, you are still fighting something. Letting it drop to 4 might have enabled some re-growth.
Keep doing what you are doing. I wouldn't go higher than 27 that's for sure. If you are able to test/add chlorine every hour it should help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.