Blue Scoop for TF 100 kit

Does anyone know the actual measurement amount of the blue scoop. Ours has disappeared and trying not to pay $6.50 for another one.

Does anyone know the actual measurement amount of the blue scoop. Ours has disappeared and trying not to pay $6.50 for another one.
I think you would be okay just with a very close guess. I remember reading here from an expert that as long as you add enough for it to turn pink, being perfectly exact on the scoops doesn’t matter. Let’s be honest, the scoop could be heaping, or level, and that could be a big difference if the true amount actually mattered. I bet if you just tap tapped a bit in there you’d be fine.

Reactions: mgtfp
We lost ours a couple years ago. I had one of those measuring spoon sets for less than 1/8 teaspoon amounts, labeled “pinch”, “drop,” “smidge”, “dash,” “tad,” etc. I use the tiniest one from that set called “drop”. Lol Works great. Usually just one heaping scoop with that teensy one works great.

I think I worked out actual measurement of each of the spoons once, and they were like 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 of a teaspoon etc. RTamanda is right, exact measure isn’t critical. I just chose the smallest of the set because it was closest to the teensy blue scoop.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgtfp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fwiw, if you ever run out of DPD before end-of-year, you can plus-up with this, which includes the spoon. (How do I know this? I stupidly left my stuff outside for 2 weeks of summer heat while on vacation. 😥)