Bleach prices 2013

I think I found my go-to source ... local independent pool store, a real hole in the wall.

Box of 4 gallons HASA 12.5% liquid chlorine (disposable), $12.99. Comes out to $0.20 / oz NaClO. Not the best I've seen in this thread, but the best non-sale price I've found in California!

Don't know if this has been posted or not (but if it has been it's still there!), but just left Walmart with a 3 bottle 121 oz. 8.25% Great Value boxed set for 6 bucks! Unloaded all the single bottles in my cart and went to work. Only had to haul my buggy load out in 106 degree heat! The rest of that endcap is MINE tonite! Anybody else seen that? First time I've been there this year. Big old zero on any decent grocery store sale.

woodyp said:
Don't know if this has been posted or not (but if it has been it's still there!), but just left Walmart with a 3 bottle 121 oz. 8.25% Great Value boxed set for 6 bucks! Unloaded all the single bottles in my cart and went to work. Only had to haul my buggy load out in 106 degree heat! The rest of that endcap is MINE tonite! Anybody else seen that? First time I've been there this year. Big old zero on any decent grocery store sale.

I'm in Oklahoma, what section of Walmart did you find that in? With the regular bleach?

I made calls today to every pool store that came up in google maps in Wilmington, NC. Almost $8 - $10 across the board for 1 gallon of 12.5% (yikes)!

KMart has a 3 for $8 on 8.25%. That's the best I've found here.

Called an industrial supplier. They had 5 gallons of 15% for $40. Not that great :-/

Anyone know of a better deal in the Port City? Is there a good deal online anywhere?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I live in Wilmington, NC as well. Ollies on College Rd has 12.5% "Pool Shock" for $2.99/gal. Through July 7th, they are having a 15% off everything sale, so ~$2.50/gal. The date on the bottle is 13151, so I believe that's made on the 151st day of 2013, so it may be a bit weaker than 12.5%.

WBSurf87 said:
I live in Wilmington, NC as well. Ollies on College Rd has 12.5% "Pool Shock" for $2.99/gal. Through July 7th, they are having a 15% off everything sale, so ~$2.50/gal. The date on the bottle is 13151, so I believe that's made on the 151st day of 2013, so it may be a bit weaker than 12.5%.

Thank you!! I've seen that place but never stepped in.

Phelp..you beat me to it...I was just gonna say..Menards has a product now called "liquid shock". read the label. yep 12.5% Sodium Hypo. 4 gallons for $9.00 Not bad. I am going to stock up to keep my stenner pump setup filled up.

phelptwan said:
Menards put out their ad today which includes 4x 1 Gallon Swim Shock 12.5% for $9. My Math puts that at $.14/oz

http://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/po ... =weekly_ad

Wish I was following this thread more closely, I was there yesterday to get muriatic acid and happened to catch the sale. Needless to say I went to grab a cart. The sale ends July 14 so stock up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.