Blackish staining on speed stir taylor cylinder after approximately 10 months?

Could be dried DPD residue. Do you rinse your vial with pool or tap water after performing tests? Try adding just a little diluted bleach to the vial, capping the top and shaking vigorously. Then rinse with water at least 7-10 times with tap water before using again.

The best tip I read at the forum about keeping the vial clean & reducing or eliminating the black (& cloudy) buildup is to:

- Rinse with tap water after each use
- Wipe interior of vial with a paper towel.

The 2nd step has eliminated my usual problem with cloudy build-up. I haven't had to clean the vial with bleach or Muriatic Acid for ~6 months. The vial looks virtually like new.

The best tip I read at the forum about keeping the vial clean & reducing or eliminating the black (& cloudy) buildup is to:

- Rinse with tap water after each use
- Wipe interior of vial with a paper towel.

The 2nd step has eliminated my usual problem with cloudy build-up. I haven't had to clean the vial with bleach or Muriatic Acid for ~6 months. The vial looks virtually like new.

+1

I've been doing this for years and the vile still looks new (I don't have a Speedstir, btw).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.