Best price on 10%+ liquid chlorine in DFW area?

Ace Hardware in Richardson/Garland at Jupiter and Arapaho has 10%. They were running a sale last week for $2.79/gallon. They run this sale quite often. You may be able to get the same deal at an Ace near you. This store is part of a chain of Ace stores owned by Groom and Son.

I saw this today at Home Depot Colt @ Campbell
web.jpg

JookyDFW said:
Ace Hardware in Richardson/Garland at Jupiter and Arapaho has 10%. They were running a sale last week for $2.79/gallon. They run this sale quite often. You may be able to get the same deal at an Ace near you. This store is part of a chain of Ace stores owned by Groom and Son.

I realize this post is a year old, but this Ace is gone. Sad to see it go.

texasdad said:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mat/2901676554.html

I was browsing cl today and stumbled onto this. I emailed to ask the guy and 3/11/11 is date sampled on the bottles. Think it is any good still?
I doubt it. You can buy a gallon. Measure your chlorine, drop a gallon in, and then measure again.

I know this is a bit of a late entry, but have you guys discovered Aldi? They are all over DFW now...and they have the chlorine bleach, 6.25%, 96oz for $1.29 a jug...hard to beat. And I can't be the only one getting it there because the cashier last time commented..."you must have a pool?"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am just starting to read up on the bleach method and was wondering how many bottles will I need a month on average for a 25k gallon pool?

I know it varies based on testing but i was curious how many gallons everyone else uses monthly on average?

jhever said:
I am just starting to read up on the bleach method and was wondering how many bottles will I need a month on average for a 25k gallon pool?

I know it varies based on testing but i was curious how many gallons everyone else uses monthly on average?
I go through 8-9 182oz jugs a month during the peak of summer.

The two most important variables are UV exposure and bather load. My pool gets some shade morning and evening, and almost no use during the week, so very low FC demand at 1ppm/day. A pool with full sun exposure all day, and swimmers every day could easily triple that.

Last summer I used 64 oz a day during the hottest part of summer in a much smaller pool then Beez, but with full sun exposer all day and lots of neighborhood kids in the pool every day.

Right now I'm using about 1ppm, or about 27oz, each day.

I picked up 3/182oz Clorox bottles at Sams for $8.50. Once I get my test kit in the mail, I am going to try and start the BBB method. I am just a little overwhelmed on the amount of bleach it looks like I will be buying/using in the summer. Being so hot in Texas, I am sure the pool will need a lot!

I took some water into Leslies to be tested and the guy was telling me I should never use bleach because it adds salt into my pool and that will cause big problems. I assume he is completely wrong based on what I read on this site but he was very against liquid chlorine and bleach.

jhever said:
I picked up 3/182oz Clorox bottles at Sams for $8.50. Once I get my test kit in the mail, I am going to try and start the BBB method. I am just a little overwhelmed on the amount of bleach it looks like I will be buying/using in the summer. Being so hot in Texas, I am sure the pool will need a lot!

I took some water into Leslies to be tested and the guy was telling me I should never use bleach because it adds salt into my pool and that will cause big problems. I assume he is completely wrong based on what I read on this site but he was very against liquid chlorine and bleach.
Yes you will use a lot. You might want to consider a SWG pool. Mine is and it greatly reduces the amount of chlorine that I have to buy. I guess the Leslies' guy is not concerned about CYA or calcium from the products they sell.

I am in Richardson...so yes, you may need to add quite a bit of bleach...last year I needed about a jug a day....but when you compare that to the cost of the chlorine tabs and/or granules...not to mention draining and refilling pool & then add the pool store chemicals like "conditioner"...and on & on...it is still much cheaper than all that. And I can't even begin to put a price on how sparkly and healthier my pool stays!

jhever said:

IMO, the higher the FC demand, the more sense a SWG makes. And never mind what the pool store guy says. As wrong as he is, he is dutifully serving the best interests of his employer. Can't blame him for that... :wink:

jhever said:

take a look at the stenner pump in automation. You can get a 15 or 30 gallon drum and fill it with chlorine. The stenner pump will dispense it when your pump runs. You will still need to buy a lot of bleach, but you can just pour it into the drum every couple of weeks or once a month

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.