BBB user, cloudiness *PICS and NUMBERS*

FUBAR

May 29, 2013
Charleston, WV
BBB method for 3-4 years
22' AG Intex pool
Cartridge filter (sand setup got taken by a flood, using cartridge setup for opening)
8,200 gal
Pool did not get covered over the winter. Work away from home prevented me from doing so.
Located Southern WV

SLAMed for 3 days at FC 15, noticed a bit of change then been slaming at 25-30 FC for mustard algae. Not sure if that's what I have, but water kinda looked like it. Been cleaning the filter and running 24/7. Brushing and dip netting pool too.

FC drops 5ppm overnight.

TFTESTKIT 100
Ph 7.6
CYA 50
FC 25
CC 2
TA 90
Calcium 120

Not sure what to do now. Try store algaecide? Drain, clean with bleach and refill?

Thanks
6489191072c300b8ba2e75f511231477.jpg
8a17e413e880d997221beb9892ad0250.jpg

That's not mustard algae. Are you following the guide lines in the SLAM article exactly? You have to keep redosing your pool more often than I think you are.

No algaecide. Looks like perhaps you used some already but no more.

Keep SLAMming

What cartridge are you using in it? The intex are not reusable ... and are horrible. Aftermarket are better.

Honestly it may take a LONG time (if ever) to get clear water with that filter.

Intex B. Honestly at this point I'm thinking about draining it and calling the fire department to come fill it back up. I know the rinky dink pump/filter combo (actually the pump on this setup flows more than sand pumps for this setup) will run it just fine with a stable BBB pool because I've done it before. Rather than spend a couple hundred dollars on a new pump (that I won't take with me when I move because I plan on a IG BIG pool,) more chemicals and testing chemicals, it'd be cheaper and less hassle to refill it. Thanks anyhow fellas.

What would be the proper way to clean and disinfect it after draining it?

The problem with the fire dept is that the water may be worse than what you have. Sometimes that water has been sitting in the pipes for a long time. We've seen some bad fire department refills here. If they can tell you that the water is clean and iron free then go for it. I would raise CYA to 30 and do a quick SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got a sand filter pump (2800gph, 0.5 cu/sand)

Here's the numbers and pic after running filter and vacuuming non stop. The wife and I are at our wits end trying to clear the cloudiness up. She looks at me like there's something I can do with the chemicals or should be adding a chemical I'm not thinking of and I don't know what to say. All the numbers look right except for the FC loss overnight. Thanks

FC 9.5 (down 4.5 from last night)
CC 0.5
Ph 8.2 (ph spiked last night for some reason, it did rain)
TA 80
Cya 40
5731210d463c34def6db5a95241aa897.jpg

All the numbers look right except for the FC loss overnight.
Yes, but that's exactly what you want the test to do.....tell you if you are consuming chlorine through organics.

Chlorine is lost 2 ways. Organics in your pool or UV light. When you eliminate the UV, the inescapable conclusion is that you have organics in your water.

Keep the FC at SLAM value ALL THE TIME and I promise you that pool will clear (you are not that far off judging by the pics)

Update
Ph 7.3
FC 14.5 ( <1 ppm overnight )
CC 1

Having to backwash filter ever 2 hrs or so. Literally after 2 hrs there's barely any water moving at all.

With no chlorine being consumed overnight, CC in check, all other levels being good, do I have too much **** in my water to filter?
b64bd2e6db1b06ceaf9e5e1273b47f7a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.