BBB user, cloudiness *PICS and NUMBERS*

Milky white green is not a usual result. Have you put in anything other than bleach? Usually when it's cloudy near the middle to end of the SLAM, it's a clearish color. Were you still using the cartridge pump?

I've converted from baquicil before with bleach so I've been down big time but have persevered with SLAMing. However, 3+ weeks of SLAMing (checking and maintaining SLAM levels 3x day) to the point where there was no FC loss overnight and 0.5 ppm CC, maybe SLAMing would've worked. But the wife didn't want to wait till next year to swim in clear water. I will note that there was hardly any debris after draining. I thought for sure I would've see a mountain of debris. There was not. Thats what was frustrating to see no debris and all the levels good but water not clear.

I was battling cloudy water after constantly maintaining a good SLAM... looked into DE for our sand filter, and one afternoon while I was out tooling around, my husband poured in some Ultra Bright from Leslie's. :shock:

Unfortunately for my argument, it worked. It frigging worked. For days, we hadn't been able to see the bottom of the shallow end... and just 4 hours after this stuff was poured in, we could see nearly 2/3 of the way down I to the 8' deep end. *sigh* Dangit... I feel so defeated. LOL

I was battling cloudy water after constantly maintaining a good SLAM... looked into DE for our sand filter, and one afternoon while I was out tooling around, my husband poured in some Ultra Bright from Leslie's. :shock:

Unfortunately for my argument, it worked. It frigging worked. For days, we hadn't been able to see the bottom of the shallow end... and just 4 hours after this stuff was poured in, we could see nearly 2/3 of the way down I to the 8' deep end. *sigh* Dangit... I feel so defeated. LOL

Clarifiers are usually like rolling the dice. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose your bet. Your sand filter is certainly large enough for your pool so it could be underperforming either because of channeling or another issue. Have you deep cleaned the sand filter?

Mine looked worse than yours a week ago, I got the PH down to 7.2 and then did my slam, water is still cloudy but getting better every day. SLAM DOES WORK, you needed patience. A skimmer sock will also help get some of the particulate matter out of the water, and remember that a sand filter takes a while to clear the dead algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.