Bakersfield, Ca Gunite Build

I saw your pool pic over in the "Post what your pool cost you to build..." thread. Your bistro lights freaked me out so I had to come over here to see what's up. Sounds like you have that covered. They look fantastic, but as you said, they can't go over the pool. My daughter loves bistro lights. I could string them along my fence and create a nice ring of light around the pool...

I love what you've done in your yard, and the niceties you continue to add. I enjoy tweaking my surroundings. The "never done" of it can get to me sometimes, but then that passes and I get right back into it again! I might have to steal that tiki-torch idea. Those look amazing, day and night. I had some cheapies up, but didn't like the look of those. It didn't occur to me to look for something nicer, like yours.

I think I have those same Costco pots! I did 50% of my new landscaping in pots. They add color and visual interest and foil the gophers that have been devastating my plants. Sorry animal lovers, but when I find them in my skimmer, I don't feel all that bad. I tried to reason with them, so we'd each stay on our side of the fence. They have 30 acres on their side. But they're quite unreasonable! Anyway, the pots solved it, and look great.

Can I mention a trick? Before I add potting soil, I run two drip lines through the drain hole. I drill holes if the pots don't have any. Then fill the pots with soil and plant(s). Once connected, the drip lines are quite a bit less noticeable than running them over the side of the pot. I run two in case I need a second or the first one fails, there's no way to add/replace them later. You may have thought of this already, one of your picks looks like you did, the other has the line running over the pot's lip. For mine that are over decking, like yours, I set them on bricks. It adds to their presence (taller), allows room for the drip lines, and helps a bit with the rings that would form otherwise where they touch the deck.

Anywho, keep up the great work, and enjoy your summer and your pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.