Bad situation in Dallas, algae, leaks

Added the bleach to reach 10 - so far so good! Brushed for 2 hours..

12:20am

FC - 8.5
CYA - will check CYA in the am when the sun comes up ( I put 4 pounds of Clorox Pool & Spa Stabilizer in)
=======================
12:41am

Added 36 oz BLEACH to maintain FC 10 (from 8.5)

Is it ok to swim during slam? What's the worst that can happen? Because I have to get in to brush thoroughly... grotto is a bugger from the deck. Just sayin'.

Holding at 10.. so far. Brushed for 2 hours. :)

Stabilizer added - but will measure in the am when the sun comes up.

I always brush from in the pool. Much better. It is safe to swim with FC up to shock level for your CYA. Wait 24 hours after it is dissolved from the sock to test again.

Ya'll should have told me that all I needed was wine!! I wasn't sure what the recommended level was... so I kept it up until I was pritty sure all my problems were fixed.

Pool held overnight!

4:30pm

PH - 7.3 (in between..)
FC - 5.0 am adding 119oz BL to get it back to 10 for another day in this awful heat.
CYA - 20 Still have sock in skimmer. Last night I used a nylon "knee high" if you know what that is.. Anyhow, it developed a "runner" so I replaced it with a cotton sock - a slower melt, I'm sure.

I really appreciate your help!!! If I need to do anything more - just say the word!

Yeah, I swiped some knee highs from my wife last time. Worked better than a sock. As long as you stay above minimum on wine your pool will be fine! The recommended level is plenty. There is no max. :)

Yeah, I swiped some knee highs from my wife last time. Worked better than a sock. As long as you stay above minimum on wine your pool will be fine! The recommended level is plenty. There is no max. :)

Just don't squeeze the nylon too much.. you'll get a runner! Granules will spill on the floor, and it's not fun picking them up. :snorkle: I had to open a new pair of goggles.. I didn't realize until today that I had left the "Speedo" clear sticker on the lens. <oops.> Well, it was pitch dark, my FC was low, my CYA was almost non-existent.

Hubby's white sock took over and all is well in the hen house. :whoot:
=============
I just need to keep the FC at 10 for one more night.. right? Pool guy is coming in the am to fix my air leaks.

Should I leave the salt alone until I get the water stabilized? I'm thinking yes, because I don't know how to control the salt... right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did the 1050 reading come from your SWG? What happened to the other 2000+ ppm?

Yes... the 1050 reading came from the Easytouch... I'll look right now - I haven't added salt since in over 4 months..

OK right this minute it reads 1200. Does it think chlorine is salt?

I think having to add a spa full of water every other day for weeks on end probably ate up my CYA and salt. Could that be it?

Repair guy just left - changed o-rings in valves, cut out pvc joint leak (after the main pump) new check valve flapper that's the 4th one... and replaced the booster pump. The booster capacitor stopped working, and the B-pump had developed new leaks. The computer is set up for the main pump to come on at 7am till 4pm, and the cleaner/booster pump to come on at 9am to 10:30am.
FINALLY, no air bubbles at all!!! Cleaner works, no visible leaks.

2 bags of salt added just now..

PH - 7.5
FC - 6
CYA - 35
TA - 70
CH - 200

Salt - 1100

So right now - get the CYA & Salt up.

Add calcium chloride now, or wait?

Anything else at this point?

Thanks for all the help!!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm in the "get it fixed" camp.

AND HERE COMES THE RAIN.. to mess up my chems. LOL! We've got a gullywasher going on down here. No swimming tonite!!!
That's ok - the grass was turning "crunchy."

Quick question... I ordered the R-7065 solution.. What was that for again? To see if "I" was doing the CYA correctly?

I forgot the instructions... <..sorry..>

Thanks! Will do it tomorrow, when the :sunny: is out.

Yeah, we have a few acres, so it's impo$$ible to water all summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.