Automation / Timers Questions...

The SWG generally controls itself and is hooked to the timer that controls the pump. Landscaping lighting could be controlled by its own separate timer. It really does not sound like you need any automation system.

The only issue is wanting to run at different times different days of the week, and I am not sure which if any automation systems allow that. Obviously simple mechanical timers will not work for this.

EDIT: Well actually just checked that my "basic" Hayward P4 does have the option of different schedules on weekdays vs weekends.

So I could chnage my SWCG to 220v and connect both the pump and SWCG to one outlet on a timer.

Like you said lighting could use own timer.

Heater - I have no issue doing manually.

Valves - I have no issue doing manually.

Pool Lights - I have no issue doing manually.

Yes, usually the pump and SWG are hardwired to the same timer.

But, I just am not sure what basic timer has the ability to run at different times on different days like you want and has a high enough power rating for the pump and SWG.

There are many other options, but they are either not worth recommending or significantly more expensive. Intermatic makes some much more expensive digital timers that have extra features, but I doubt you would get any advantage from them.

Yes, it is fine outdoors.

There are many other options, but they are either not worth recommending or significantly more expensive. Intermatic makes some much more expensive digital timers that have extra features, but I doubt you would get any advantage from them.

Yes, it is fine outdoors.

Awesome . Thank you. I have looked at other options too and it's really not worth the cost.

Is this one waterproof? http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-T1...3793825&sr=8-1&keywords=Intermatic+Timer+220v

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.