Artesian Spa - Temperature Dropping ?

Easto

Jun 27, 2010
My wife got in the hot tub this evening and the temp was 93 degrees. We live in Canada and it’s cold enough to freeze.

My daughter was in last night and I went to ask her and she said it was cold 101 °.

I reset the breaker to see if maybe that would help. It’s now late here and I have to get up early for work.

I’ll check the run at 5:30am and see if it’s heated back up or not.

There was no errors on the screen.

When I first started it up the thermometer icon was flashing. After a couple mins I went back out and the thermometer icon indicated it was hearing (red going up on the thermometer).

I had my wife get out to retain any heat we still had considering the cold temps we have.

1. Would there be a visual error if the heater was broken?

2. In the even the temperate keeps dropping, what are my next steps, drain the tub?

Obviously I’ll call for service if it isn’t back to 104 by morning.

1. Would there be a visual error if the heater was broken?
Not necessarily
2. In the even the temperate keeps dropping, what are my next steps, drain the tub?
Keep the water circulating & the cover on you should be ok for a little while (days) as it will retain the heat. Especially if day time temps are milder & if the tub sits in the sun.
If the water starts getting near freezing then its time to unplug, drain & blow/vac the lines as best as possible. That’s the worst case scenario.
If you’re not the diy type or it’s under warranty definitely call in the morning.
Let’s ask @RDspaguy what might be going on if he’s around .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.