LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
Venice, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Good afternoon. I moved into a house w a 10k concrete pool in Florida with a Hayward Aquatrol chlorinator. I have replaced the cell, as it was ‘bad’ according to the pool store. Replacement model GLX-cell-5.

I have had trouble with the unit shutting down due to ‘low’ salt. The unit reads 2000 or less. I find 3000ppm. I tried to recalibrate it, and it ‘settles’ at 2000-2200 ppm, and therefore, won’t run. It was running foe a period, then stopped.

I thought I had all the right settings, but I am having a hard time. Is it a t-5 for the set up?

I realize that this is not the ideal unit for this pool, but it is what is there and I have spent 500$ on a new cell.

Can someone help me sort this thing out? Im getting algae blooms ( possible mustard, but that is foe another thread)
Thanks!!

Good afternoon. I moved into a house w a 10k concrete pool in Florida with a Hayward Aquatrol chlorinator. I have replaced the cell, as it was ‘bad’ according to the pool store. Replacement model GLX-cell-5.

I have had trouble with the unit shutting down due to ‘low’ salt. The unit reads 2000 or less. I find 3000ppm. I tried to recalibrate it, and it ‘settles’ at 2000-2200 ppm, and therefore, won’t run. It was running foe a period, then stopped.

I thought I had all the right settings, but I am having a hard time. Is it a t-5 for the set up?

I realize that this is not the ideal unit for this pool, but it is what is there and I have spent 500$ on a new cell.

Can someone help me sort this thing out? Im getting algae blooms ( possible mustard, but that is foe another thread)
Thanks!!
How did you find you have 3000ppm? With Taylor K-1766 kit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.