Aqualink Z4 now as spa after replacing interface

khenkel

Mar 31, 2024
Riverview, FL
I have Aqualink Z4 on a pool-only setup. 1 waterfall JVA on aux 3. I had to replace the interface due to LCD display becoming completely unreadable.
After initial setup to set VSP mode for the pump, I notice the system now thinks I have a pool/spa setup.
I used to be able to just switch Aux3 to use the JVA for waterfalls, now that seems to be tied to 'spa' mode, ie, I have to select spa mode (pool pump shuts off, JVA activates, then pump starts again).
How to I get it back to pool-only mode?
Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Where did you get the interface you replaced from?

Was that a Pool only or Pool/Spa interface?

I believe they are different boards and the personality is set in the hardware.

Thank you. Well you certainly solved that mystery for me! - I of course unknowingly (lots of the search hits didn't even specify the type!) purchased the Pool/Spa model (R0568302) ;-(
Well not sure I'll be able to exchange now, so I think I'll just have to get used to the waterfalls being a 'spa' feature ;-)

You may be able to rewire things to get your waterfall on a different AUX.

What is connected to AUX1 and AUX2?

Zodiac is aggravating in that the Z4 is not sold anymore and the Installation Manual is no where to be found to understand how it is configured.

I think things can be changed to make it work. You have to root around in SETTINGS or CONFIGURATIONS or even dipswitchs like the Aqualink RS has.