wireform

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Not pool in signature.
Aqucal wire into a Easytouch using the the heater connection near the small relay. Pool set to 89 but went upto 96. As per another threat I tested the the heater connection on the board for a melted together relay contacts and that seems not to be the problem as when the power to the panel was off there wasn't any continuity between the two screw connection. And it did work a designed when I powered it up and pushed the heater button the contacts closed. I disconnected the wires and left them twisted together hoping I can atleast control the heat from the heater panel but when the set point shows on the panel 89 it still turns back on to continue heating. What am I missing here. Can it still be the water temp sensor gone bad through the Easytouch or is this now a heater problem as I disconnected the two wires .....20240507_234605.jpg20240322_161404.jpg20240507_235014.jpg

It is an Aquacal control problem once you disconnected the control wire from the EasyTouch.

What water temperature does the EasyTouch show when the Aquacal shows 96?

What water temperature does the EasyTouch show when the Aquacal shows 96?

Update:
Called AquaCal and the tech recommended to change the water temp sensor so that was taken care of immediately with oem part only to find after changing it with that it made no difference and still keeps heating past the setpoint. Then I proceeded to check the J19 heater connection as follows. Turned power off to the panel and tested continuity via the J19 contacts and there was NO continuity, then powered up board and still no continuity and only after pressing the heater button did I get continuity which means the mini relay is functioning properly but the set point on the display shows 91 and the water is clearly much warmer so why does it activate the relay if the temp was satisfied. Does this mean the board isn't good?

Are you testing J19 at the relay screws or using the wire?

Could the wire have an intermittent short between the conductors?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You check the resistance of the water temperature sensor in the EasyTouch and see that it corresponds to the actual water temperature?

Is there a temperature calibration offset set on the EasyTouch board?

You check the resistance of the water temperature sensor in the EasyTouch and see that it corresponds to the actual water temperature?
Have to see if there's a separate water temp sensor as the one I changed is in the AquaCal.
Is there a temperature calibration offset set on the EasyTouch board?
Where is it and how would I check.

Reactions: wireform
Where can I get the resistance chart per a given temp. 😊 TIA

10K_thermistor_chart.png

Reactions: wireform
Just a thought, how would the ET read the overshot temp if the sensor is bad. I mean the display shows actual temperature.....

Dunno. Just checking the various things that affect heater control. Look to see if anything if off.