Aqua Trol display issue

skgallup

Jun 2, 2023
Coldwater, Michigan
Last year our display had no led lights. The display works. It is not reading the salt level. It stays at 0. They said our salt cell was bad. We got a new cell this year and the problem is the same. We had the water tested today and it is about 2800. I was instructed by our pool place to push the diagnostic button 5 times to reset everything. It went through and it registered everything, but the salt level stayed at 0 and still no led lights. Checked the power input and fuse, everything is good there. We don't know if it is generating or not. We just opened it all up so the water test was good. What is happening with this thing? Hayward no longer has a trouble shooting line. I have to call my pool place. They insisted it was the salt cell last year. I spent a fortune on one (I did not purchase it through them) and have the very same issue. Can anyone help me??
aqua trol.jpg

Hi there.... welcome to TFP :wave:
I don't have that brand of SWG, so until someone reads this who knows more perhaps you'll find the answer you need in the TFP Wiki article:
www.troublefreepool.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hayward_AquaTrol_SWG

Otherwise I would suggest testing your water for Free Chlorine (FC) before turning it on, and after running it for a few hours retest your FC. That should give you an idea if it is working at least?

Maddie :flower:

Go see my recent post. If your LCD is working but have no LED lights replace the thermistor I posted.

$8 part and $75 for someone to solder it on fixed my AQT.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.