Aqua Rite Troubleshooting - New PCB?

Oskee2004

May 7, 2020
Illinois
I have an Aqua Rite SWG that I believe is ~15 years old (pool was here when we bought the house). The previous owner mentioned in passing that they had some trouble with it, so they hadn't used it for a couple of years - just using liquid chlorine. Two years ago, I went ahead and installed a new cell, then started using the SWG again. It worked great for about a year and a half, then started having trouble.

The first problem I noticed was a low salt reading that conflicted with my manual tests. Then, when I would switch on the super chlorinate mode, it would trip something and shut down the controller. Finally, toward the end of the summer, it shut down and I couldn't get it powered up again.

I'm trying to determine if its: 1.) bad fuse, 2.) bad display PCB, 3.) bad main PCB. I assume it isn't the fuse - that should be a "good" or "bad" situation, right? Not the progressive trouble that I experienced. So, I figured it has to be one of the boards, but I don't want to buy both if I don't have to.

Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.