CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
After opening our pool recently the no flow light went on. I replaced the flow switch and the light went off so I thought I was all set. However, although the system is generating, I noticed my instant salinity number drops slowly throughout the day so I think my cell is failing. Today I noticed both the cell plug and the connector on the board look burnt. I took off the cover and the board seems fine. I checked the thermistor (which I replaced a few years ago) and that looks ok to me too.
Do I need to replace both the salt cell and the board (or that white connector)? I'm worried if I replace those parts they may both burn out again so I'm also thinking maybe it's time to get a whole new SWG system. This is our original from 2006 and every few years something goes wrong (I've replaced the thermistor, three flow switches and at least three salt cells). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Ann

I've attached pics below.

Here are the current display readings:

73p
AL-0
r1.40

Last edited:
After opening our pool recently the no flow light went on. I replaced the flow switch and the light went off so I thought I was all set. However, although the system is generating, I noticed my instant salinity number drops slowly throughout the day so I think my cell is failing. Today I noticed both the cell plug and the connector on the board look burnt. I took off the cover and the board seems fine. I checked the thermistor (which I replaced a few years ago) and that looks ok to me too.
Do I need to replace both the salt cell and the board (or that white connector)? I'm worried if I replace those parts they may both burn out again so I'm also thinking maybe it's time to get a whole new SWG system. This is our original from 2006 and every few years something goes wrong (I've replaced the thermistor, three flow switches and at least three salt cells). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Ann

I tried to attach pics but received an error message saying uploaded file is too large for server to process.

Here are the current display readings:

73p
AL-)
r1.40

Attachments

• IMG_9437.jpeg
    IMG_9437.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9435.jpeg
    IMG_9435.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9434.jpeg
    IMG_9434.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 6
If the cell is clean but the number drops throughout the day then that is a sign of a failing cell. Replacing the cell connector requires some soldering skills and/or Molex A/B crimper. The main pcb is old but still working properly. Should you wish to upgrade, revision 1.59 will save you the frustrations of having to replace the Thermistor.

The Wiki section has all the information you need on how to replace the T-cell connector.
AquaRite T-Cell Cable

Last edited:
Thank you for your response! I replaced my thermistor in 2019 by following a YouTube video but I am certainly no expert in soldering - replacing the cell connector is daunting to me but it might be worth a shot. Do you know of any videos to help?
The kids are all grown up and out of the house so the pool is hardly used. I'd rather give it a shot at repair but if it doesn't work out and I must replace both the cell and board I may just get a new system to replace my original one installed in 2006. Thanks again!

Hi ramhulin. I ended up needing more salt and once I added the salt the system has been running fine despite the burnt plugs. I'm sure the system is just limping along. Next year if I encounter a problem I am just going to get a new SWG (this is my original from 2006). Sorry I am no help, good luck to you !

Hey AFitzy I have the same problem here. Both the white and female plugs are burnt on my system, just wondering if you found a cheaper way to get this fixed or your final outcome?
Welcome to TFP.

The plug is a Molex 76650-0078 plug

I think the connector header on the pcb is Molex 00015246101, Digi-Key Part# WM7188-ND. EBay "15-24-6106 MOLEX CONN HEADER 10 POSITION 4.2mm VERT TIN" has been a source for it. It's an exact fitment except it's off white. It is also reported to be Mini-Fit BMI 42385

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.