Any recommendations for magnetic LED packs?

alosito

Jun 24, 2019
Simi Valley, CA
Could someone please recommend magnetic LED packs for a vynil pool? I read reviews for many of them on Amazon, and it like no mater which product I choose, lots of people complain about water getting inside these lights and damaging them quite fast. Did anyone have a good luck with this type of lights?

Thanks. I did see that post, and I did see your recommendation there for LedecSun lights. A bit pricey though. Do you use just one light for your pool? My pool size is 17x33. I wonder if I can get away with just one their lights.

Could someone please recommend magnetic LED packs for a vynil pool? I read reviews for many of them on Amazon, and it like no mater which product I choose, lots of people complain about water getting inside these lights and damaging them quite fast. Did anyone have a good luck with this type of lights?
I tried some of the highest rated. I was disappointed with the results. There were not enough lumens to make a difference, really.

Thanks. I did see that post, and I did see your recommendation there for LedecSun lights. A bit pricey though. Do you use just one light for your pool? My pool size is 17x33. I wonder if I can get away with just one their lights.

Yeah you're right, these are a bit pricey. The tech is simple but I think we're paying the "pool" tax on these 😡. I added them when I built my pool and didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of replacing lights every few years so I kinda bit the bullet and hoping to get some long term use out of them. So far, so good.

For my pool I have 2 of them and they light it up nicely.

Can those be turned off?

No, can't be turned off. They have a dusk/dawn sensor. Mine stay on well into the overnight depending on the charge they get. Usually get 1 hour of light for every hour of solar charge.

and it like no mater which product I choose, lots of people complain about water getting inside these lights and damaging them quite fast.
Any simple solar device is just that. Simple. Whether it's condensation on the solar panel, or the AAA battery explodes/oozes from a years worth of temperature swings, consider any of them disposable. Heck, even a few of the high end permanent pool LED lights aren't likely to last more than 2 seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.