Any aquarium nuts on this site?

I gave mine up when I moved to new house with pool. But I did try to move it. Total disaster. But for years before that the tank kinda languished. It had gotten down to just the dead corral and rocks and one blue damsel. He was one tough mother.

One time, I accidentally overdosed the tank with chlorine (trying to get algae off the rocks in a separate bucket, but didn't rinse well enough before restoring to tank). The next day poor Bluey was laying on the sand, stone cold dead. I was sad, but kinda relieved, as he was the only reason I was keeping the tank going. Next day... he was swimming around like nothing happened! Dang, uh I mean, Yay, he lived! So I kept the tank for years after that, and then tried to move it. So much trouble. But poor Bluey didn't make it through that nightmare, and so I just gave it all away to some little girl and her mother, raising tilapia. I like to pretend they're still making use of all that gear (oh... the thousands of dollars... you all know what I'm talking about).

RIP, Bluey.

View attachment 559887

I never got the chemistry down. I never even learned how. Had I stumbled on the right forum, or even thought to look for one, I might have had better luck. I never really used forums before I found TFP. I shudder to think what my pool would look like right now had I used the same MO I had used on that fish tank!!
Yeah those damsels and blue chromis are pretty tough. I could never keep mandarin gobies alive for longer then a few weeks… I had a green Scat in a brackish tank once that would always insist I pet his belly…. He was one of my favorites.

Reactions: JodieM and Dirk