Another pool north of Dallas

My plaster (Wet Edge Primera Stone Sky Blue) is fine. An area of the waterline tiles have cracks in the grout and the tiles are beginning to fall off. We have called and talked to the receptionist three times and still Manuel hasn't called me back. I lost his card, if you have it would you please PM me his direct number so I can get him back out here?

My light is falling out, they never reset my diving board (did it myself) and one other issue... note the water level in my pool. If I fill it beyond that, it drains down to that level overnight. Keep in mind this is a 44,000 gallon pool, a few inches of water is A LOT of water.

tiles_zpse78830c9.jpg

Ready and Robbie, I am so sorry to hear that you continue to have problems with your pools. I will admit to a perverse sense of comfort in knowing I am not alone, though! Misery truly loves company, I guess. Ha! Robbie, have you tried to turn the pump off and let the water drain to its lowest point? I suspect something in our leak is related to our skimmers (did you get new skimmers too?) but haven't let the water drop below because of needing to add and circulate acid everyday.

It is at the lowest point in the picture. It did leak at the skimmer when they finished the job (which I still am not happy about) and they fixed that problem with epoxy. I did not get a new skimmer, but there's all brand new tile and grout in the skimmer. When I had the leak at the skimmer, it would go all the way to the bottom of the tile line. It's not going that far anymore, this is something along the tile line about 1/3 the way up.

omg you guys! I hope I never have to build a pool! Just my luck and I'd be stuck with all the "fun" you're having. So frustrating to deal with people sometimes. Why can't people just care about doing a good job? :-\ Stupid stupid people.

Robbie - sorry you are having problems, I don't have his number, I've been dealing with the PB - he did get 4 or 5 calls while he was here so business must be good. It did take them weeks to get here as well.

Mia - I think the three of us are in the bad luck club - hope you both get your issues fixed quickly!

Beens - that's exactly what I said, knowing what I know now, I doubt I would do this again. Ask me again in the fall. Do any of these contractors care about doing a quality job - it just amazes me, just get the money and run. I'm waiting to hear back from Mr. PB to see if he is going to do the right thing....

So after months of back and forth with Mr. PB - we are finally getting some things resolved. Towards the end of our build the super was no longer employed there - not sure if it was his decision or theirs, and things went from bad to worse. Construction mgr was out and made promises that never materialized etc., etc. needless to say - this has not been the most pleasant experience. The stone guys showed up today to swap out the scuppers for sheer descents and next week the electricians should be out to do their piece as well as adding an acid tank to help with the ph and scaling issue. I can't wait for this to be over.

Interesting photo of you documenting them documenting themselves?

I'm wishing them the best in getting things right for you. You have been thru a lot.

After 8 months - as of today, things here are finally finished! While we were able to use the pool, It was a long drawn out ordeal that I never want to go through again. The PB finally agreed to add an acid tank to combat the constant rise in ph and scaling on the dark finish, change the scuppers to sheer descents to keep the water off the back wall, add a light for the equipment pad and re-stucco the backside of the wall from the multiple times they tore into it trying to find the leaks. They refuse to do anything about the cracks in the concrete decking and other than legal action, there is nothing I can do about that. Have we enjoyed the pool, yes - would I do this again, knowing what I know now, probably not. I love my covered patio and outdoor kitchen but the PB had nothing to do with that. Maybe we were naive thinking that people would do a quality job considering the amount of money we spent or that since their name was associated with the company they would back their job with quality service.

So happy things are finally complete. Ive watched your build from the beginning and have been "rooting you on" from afar, even though i live just a few miles from you. The biggest lesson Ive learned with my own build and watching others is this....just because you're building a "luxury product", does NOT mean that its a "luxury experience" AT ALL. In fact, most of the time, its the opposite. I wish i had known this beforehand. I wouldve been much calmer throughout the process. Your pool and backyard are beautiful and will surely bring you years of joy. Congrats! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks LeLori - I know that I'm not the only one who has had issues with their build and sad to say this, it does give me a bit of comfort knowing that I'm not alone in my frustration. But none of us should be having these kinds of issues with the amount of money we are spending and the years of experience they supposedly boast about building pools. I'm just glad it's finally over, we can enjoy the pool and hopefully I won't have to deal with them again.

Well said, Ready. To each of us, it's a lot of money and for that money we all would expect quality, commitment and integrity. That's not typically what you get with these builds. When it's all said and done, is it worth it - I would say "no" the experience isn't worth it but you take your end product and you move on from there. To LeLori's point - I wish I had read this forum before starting the build - I think my expectations would have been set much lower and I would not have got as excited in the beginning. I hope you get the last few things resolved. Your color, tile and finish choices are beautiful and you deserve to enjoy your pool. - Karen

I'm just sick! Late last week I noticed the back wall is wet again. Earlier this spring and summer they tore into it three times, finally replacing the stone scuppers with sheer descents which seemed to have helped until last week. The stone on the pool side is not wet like it was with the scuppers. The construction manager came out this afternoon and agreed that there is a problem so he's going to schedule them to come out and tear into it again. I am at my wits end with this, what would you do?

Move!

Just kidding ... I've been absent from TFP for much of the summer and just came back to beg for help on MY ongoing PB issues, too, and saw your updates. So, so, so sorry to hear you are still having problems. For you and me both, I see that we have a few options. 1. Let original PBs keep thrashing around trying to fix things (and if you've paid fully, this is most likely option). 2. Fire PB and get new one, hope for a better hire this time. 3. Do nothing, learn to live with the problems and hope they don't get worse. 4. Pursue some kind of legal recourse if available.

We've been coasting with #3 over the summer, but are just about to move into the #2 phase. We haven't fully paid our PB, though, and he de facto fired himself by not showing up to work or contacting us or finishing the project since May. After this many months, I think he's forgotten about us or purposely walked away, and I'm no longer making it my full time job to try to track him down and nag him to work. If we find a new PB who can remedy the problems, we may just use our funds to pay new PB, but if it's not financially feasible (like new PB is much more expensive to complete the work) then I will be tracking down PB1 to file some sort of action.

Construction foreman and Mason were out again today to look at the wall that's still leaking. They dug all the mulch out away from the backside edge and found no water there or near/in the valve boxes. They have no idea where the water is coming from. They have turned off the sheer descents and hope the wall will dry out in a few days. At that point they will again seal the stone on the front side and add another coat of stucco to the back side of the wall. This has been the most frustrating issue...has anyone that has a water feature wall checked the back to see if they have wet spots?

I am not able to help out on the water issue but just wanted to let you know that I feel your frustration. I'm so sorry you have to be worrying about this so far after you had water filled in your pool. It doesn't sound like the construction foreman is coming up with many ideas for resolution, so hopefully someone on this forum will have experienced something similar and be able to give you an idea or direction to head. -Karen

At that point they will again seal the stone on the front side and add another coat of stucco to the back side of the wall. This has been the most frustrating issue...has anyone that has a water feature wall checked the back to see if they have wet spots?

I wouldn't be comfortable with them adding additional stucco on the back side. The water is not likely to be coming from the back side, so the extra stucco might only serve to hide the problem. What is keeping them from removing the existing plumbing in the wall and starting over?

I wouldn't be comfortable with them adding additional stucco on the back side. The water is not likely to be coming from the back side, so the extra stucco might only serve to hide the problem. What is keeping them from removing the existing plumbing in the wall and starting over?

Jay - they have ripped into the wall three times to check for leaks, pressure tested it twice and no water. I don't know what else to do to get this resolved. I'm kind of at their mercy since they have all the money. They have extended their usual warranty and are willing to try again to make it right. This whole experience has been extremely stressful and frustrating. And yes they are supposed to be a very reputable builder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.