Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Yes, I'm up and at 'em. I've been out here sweeping since 6:30. Moving the sand away from the pool. Killer, our outdoor kitty, is helping me. I'll post a picture later. He's helping me type right now..

Oh, and NO! No plaster crew yet. They must be waiting for me to finish sweeping!

And, yes, I slept better last night than in a long time. Didn't get up once if you know what I mean!

So keep your fingers crossed for me. I did not get a call last night from the company. I have no idea if that means anything.

Here's hoping!
Suz.

Thanks, Ascew! I know you're thinking of us - do what you have to do!

Is 'hot start' the same as acid start? We won't be having an acid start. They will do the acid wash the day after the plaster is installed. Our PM said to jump in as soon as the water reached midway up the waterline tile. I plan to follow his instructions to the letter!!! If I can stay awake that late!!!!
Thanks everyone. It's absolutely quiet over here for now...... I don't mind having a quiet morning.
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Suz: Excited for you in finishing up this adventure. What a ride for everyone building this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures of this pool finished with that sparkling blue granite and the sparkling crystal tiles, and oh my the steps! I've loved the shape of your pool design from the beginning. It has some real architectural interest with the steps. It is just a design you don't see as often. Will be on pins and needles wondering about the pebble today. Those guys are like artists when they apply it. It is just so interesting to watch. You better have your lunch made ahead of time, because you will not want to miss a minute of it. Umbrella's up for Suz, Paris, Kim and everyone today!

Killer helped me sweep this morning (truthfully, he was just sticking with me to make sure I didn't forget his breakfast...).

Here he is sitting next to me on the edge of the spa while I take a break and check TFP. His mouth looks a little funny, because he's purring so loudly. He's pawing at me, so I will quit typing and pet him some more. We love our Killer!

This may not seem like a picture of interest. But to our knowledge, this is the first time Killer has gone down into the pool. He seemed pleasantly surprised by the steps - he went up and down them in quick succession. We're so relieved the steps meet with Killer's approval. I'm afraid he's in for a bit of a shock once they are under water! LOL!!!! He never would turn and look at the camera for me. He seemed quite annoyed that I kept calling him and clucking to get him to turn. Stubborn cat!

I won't bore you guys with more of Killer - at least today. Thanks for checking in!
Suz. :cat:

Thanks Kim! I knew you'd love the ones of Killer! I can't wait to get the 3 indoor kitties outside with their walking jackets on. But with all the fine sand and dust, I wasn't in the mood to deal with all the tracking sand in the house!!!

Still no one here...... And no word from Paris either.

I told the deck crew yesterday that plaster would be here today. Maybe I shouldn't have - they might not show up today. Ha!! I could end up with no workers today......

Yesterday, I may have jinxed the plaster schedule. I have a monthly dinner outing with other retired teachers. We all taught 5th grade together for about 10 years. This Monday is our day to get together. So yesterday I invited them over here on Monday to swim and have take-out instead of eating out at a restaurant. Oh, dear! I probably shouldn't have tempted the fates!!!
Suz...... listening for every big truck that rolls by!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.