Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Paris - Because I'm too lazy to search, do you have your build on this forum or is it posted on the other one? I would like to see it (of course there's always the possibility I have seen it but just don't remember! HA!)

I did not do a build thread on this site which I should have but if Suzy don't mind, I will post some pics with the decking and inside the pool later today. The other site seems like it does not get much traffic (and I haven't updated in a bit) but just a few lurkers so I was just too lazy to make another on this site since Suzy and Sun were full steam ahead.

The tile guy came last evening. He's the same guy who did the tile on Paris's pool.

He was awesome - knows his stuff and did a great job. I've got some errands this morning, so I'll post pictures later.

Patrick: I was told yesterday: Plaster Friday; acid wash Saturday ; water fill Saturday, Sunday; pool guy Monday morning to start pumps, etc.

Soon, very soon!
Suz.

Your pool guys seem awesome! I may want their name if I ever did this again!
You will be swimming while I'm at the beach. I guess you guys won't be snoopervisors after all! You'll be too busy enjoying your oasis!!! Wow! So exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paris: I would love it if you post your pictures here!! Our pools are practically related, right? Our pools began on the other site along with Sunbaby's, both pools have LightStreams glass, and both pools have the same builder! I wouldn't have survived my pool build without us keeping each other informed about our builder. So, I think it's only fitting you post here!

People already know your pool from earlier posts regarding certain topics on this thread.

I can't wait to see your pictures! You guys have an amazing pool!
Suzy.

Thanks Suzy, I will snap a few high res shots now that its cleaned out and decking completed. I still have a disaster without my landscaping but that's all gonna change soon. He still needs to install the fire pit, mount the fire/water bowls on columns and bring some dirt to do final grade and grass. We are almost done Suzy. It's been a journey for sure hun!!!!! Now I can take a deep breath... I think I will faint to see water filling up....:)

Oops. Marker tile changed a little last night. Will do pictures tonight. Watering my front yard now, so I keep the grass. PM is here now doing some of the fittings. He's still saying plaster tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Suzy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool PM came earlier to put in a fitting on the bubbler for the bump-out bench. He ran through a few things about filling the pool. Most I knew, but he did tell me something I didn't know.

These were his requests for me:
1. Use 2 hoses to fill up the pool - they want it filled as quickly as possible.
2. The plaster company should wrap a wash rag around the ends of the hoses so they don't scratch or leave marks on the plaster. I should do it if they don't.
3. Put both the hoses in the deepest part of the pool. This I don't remember seeing. He said they had one pool where the owner placed one hose in the deepest end of the pool and a second hose in the shallow end. The water flowing down the shallow end for a longer period of time until all the deep end water caught up -- it left a stain where the water had flowed down. He said it doesn't always happen, but they always ask people to avoid doing that. I'll do anything to insure a good plaster finish. I guess if your pool is the same depth, this wouldn't be a concern.
4. If when we go to bed and the water is nearing the top, he said to turn off one hose and have the other one trickle. This keep from wasting water. I told him I probably wouldn't be sleeping much!
5. His last instructions: When the water gets up to the bottom of the overflow (half way up the waterline tile), my son and I are to jump in!!!! I thought that was cute.

He will be here Monday morning to start the pumps etc. I talked a little to him about chemicals, and it seemed like he does much like ya'll teach. He said not to go to pool stores. But..... he very proudly said he would be giving me test strips. I told him I wouldn't need those, but he insisted. So when he gives them to me, I will smile, take them, and say thank you. And then test our water with my TFP kits and post the results for you guys to tell me what to do!!!

I haven't heard more from Paris. I was hoping he might get his plaster today, but not yet so far.

Another deck PM here.... gotta run!
Suz.

"guess strips" LOL so cute! He just does not know about TFP!

5.jump in! CUTE! I love it!

Nice to know about the hoses in the bottom. I would have them RIGHT ON the botton drain to keep any chance of streaking of the plaster!

I bet you already have the washcloths ready to go on the hoses!

Kim

"guess strips" LOL so cute! He just does not know about TFP!

5.jump in! CUTE! I love it!

Nice to know about the hoses in the bottom. I would have them RIGHT ON the botton drain to keep any chance of streaking of the plaster!

I bet you already have the washcloths ready to go on the hoses!

Kim

Got 'em!!!! But I have to go buy new water hoses tonight. The good one we have won't reach from the middle of the driveway to the deep end. It makes the shallow end fine, so that's exactly where I would have put that one. And we need a new hose for the back yard. The one we have is squirrely to say the least. I'm also making a list of things to either ask or inform the pebble tec crew. Think they will give me those funny shoes and let me down there to help? Right - me and my 2 canes!

You know I will be sending out the txt's all over once the PT happens.. :)-

I will be off tomorrow so I'm ready!!!

It's like birth announcements, right?!!! I am kind of going into shock - like this isn't really happening!

Paris, do you know if the PT crew will tape over our glass tile to protect from the polishing and whatever else they do? I just asked our decking PM if we needed to cover the travertine. He asked what pool finish we were getting, and he said no problem with that company. He sounded very confident. It's his deck job, and he's not associated with the PB, so if he's ok with it, I think I am, too.

I really had a feeling, Paris, that you would get your pebble today. I don't know why. Wishful thinking I guess. But it will be better for you to be home tomorrow.

This is fun!
Suzy.

I was told that they will cover everything starting with your house and all so don't worry. It is suppose to look like some sort of trapeze to cover certain areas and I would almost guarantee the glass would be covered as well. I was not told how the application around the markers would be but these guys are very talented for sure....

I was told that they will cover everything starting with your house and all so don't worry. It is suppose to look like some sort of trapeze to cover certain areas and I would almost guarantee the glass would be covered as well. I was not told how the application around the markers would be but these guys are very talented for sure....

You're so wonderfully calm about it all!!! Is your wife as calm? Is your daughter about to wiggle out of her skin with excitement???? Has she planned what she wants to do first in the pool?
Thanks for the info!
Suzy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.