Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Wish I had a good answer for that I seemed a little brighter. The truth is I found TFP a little too late, and I was overwhelmed with EVERYTHING. So when I switched over to this forum my build was just beginning those fast and hectic stages of dig, Rebar, and gunite. I remember someone on here asking why I was doing it. But that question got lost in the million questions I had for our PB.

By using TFP's instructions for water maintenance, I do NOT need the inline chlorinator. During my search for a PB, mine and another both told me I needed it, because it would make the first month of pool start up easier before salt can be introduced to new plaster after 30 days. They also told me having the inline would make switching from a salt system easier if I ever wanted to. It made sense to me at the time. I guess it isn't true.

I'm not sure why these things are made if you really don't need them. Just a money maker for the company and PB.

So, you're in better shape without it. And here's my advice.... Don't look to me for the best way to do things! LOL!! Also, since your pool doesn't have the inline chlorinator, maybe that indicates the owners knew what they were doing! Take care! Suz.

Awwwwwww but the inline can be left empty until you need it. See I am thinking about adding one for when we go on weekend trips or when I want to use pucks to add CYA to my pool.

I worry about a floater as it tends to sit right by the liner and I worry that over time it will fade the liner.

Kim

Suz....How did you fare after the storms last night? I was outside at 11:30 PM checking on my drainage worried to death. Thankfully my drainage performed exactly as it should and I had no issues. I texted my sales guy and said "well my pool passed the drainage test" lol. I hope everyone was okay after last night. The area took a beating.

Suz....How did you fare after the storms last night? I was outside at 11:30 PM checking on my drainage worried to death. Thankfully my drainage performed exactly as it should and I had no issues. I texted my sales guy and said "well my pool passed the drainage test" lol. I hope everyone was okay after last night. The area took a beating.

Im just checking on you too Suz - it was BAD last night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ricky and Wendy: Thanks for checking. I stayed up with the storms last night, since they've been worse this spring with hail and high winds. We were fine. Our neighbor said we had about 4-5 inches, so not as bad as other areas. We didn't go out today to check; I have plenty of flood pictures - they begin to look alike. The local news said CypressCreek did it's usual flooding, encircling our neighborhood. I know other areas were hit worse. But for us, this didn't compare to TS Allison. Then, water was up to within 3 feet of our front porch.

Ricky: I bet you were a wreck. I'm glad your drainage worked well. Ours is lousy. LOL!

Wendy: Are you guys ok? The loss of life across Texas is so very sad. It makes you count your blessings. I hope this was the last of the bad storms.

Ya'll take care! Suz.

So glad you guys are okay and homes dry! We are doing fine. Limbs down and standing water everywhere - but it isn't rising to our home - so far so good. I hate all this rain and the storms. I normally love storms - but this week, they make me very nervous. I don't like it at all. I am watching the news right now - homes being evacuated here in Conroe - they are releasing more water from the dams. Definitely saying prayers.

Wendy: I sent you a PM. I've been up since 4 keeping an eye on the storms. But I fell asleep for an hour. I just heard on TV about the release of more water from the dams, then I saw your note. I don't know where these storms came from this morning, and they've sat on top of us. They said the storms are finally moving out of your area. Our rain has lightened up, but I'm shocked at how much the water has risen in the pool since I checked at 2. No worries here, it just shows how much rain we had this morning.

Prayers going out to you and everyone in flooded areas. Stay safe. Suz.

Wendy: I sent you a PM. I've been up since 4 keeping an eye on the storms. But I fell asleep for an hour. I just heard on TV about the release of more water from the dams, then I saw your note. I don't know where these storms came from this morning, and they've sat on top of us. They said the storms are finally moving out of your area. Our rain has lightened up, but I'm shocked at how much the water has risen in the pool since I checked at 2. No worries here, it just shows how much rain we had this morning.

Prayers going out to you and everyone in flooded areas. Stay safe. Suz.

Saying prayers for you both - hope this rain lets up soon, the story of that family who was separated when their home hit the bridge made me cry. It's too much lately with all these bad weather patterns. Stay safe!

Karyn: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I heard from Wendy, and her neighborhood is good as is mine. Thankfully, flooding in the Houston area usually recedes quickly, IF it stops raining.

We're all heart sick for the man losing his wife and children. Every loss is tragic; this one seems particularly so.

Thank you again.... Suz.

I just hate that kind of weather when I am at work. I am a Kindergarten teacher and have 16 little souls to watch over and keep safe. :pale:

Kim

I understand. I taught 25 years, with about 20 of those years elementary. But..... I never taught below 3rd grade. You really do have the sweet little babies to keep safe. And, you have the patience of a saint. I could never have taught kindergarten. Hats off to you! When do you get out for summer break, or do you teach year 'round? Take care. Suz.

They're here, they're here, they're here!!!! :bounce: :compress: :bounce: The glass tile, called Shell Beach, that will trim our sun shelf! They were delayed a day because of the flooding. With this morning's floods, I'm surprised UPS delivered them today. So here are some pictures - you've already seen the samples earlier. But this time I had to string them on the edge of the sun shelf. They look good now, and should look even better without all the workmen's mess around!

This is Toby, and I could not get him to move out of the photo. He's an attention hog. We call him our WalMart greeter - he's in everybody's business. Aren't the glass pieces beautiful!!!

And here they are on the sun shelf!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.