Another in Texas - Cypress

The photo from his is the same as the original, correct? I like that better than his proposed cuts. If I were to have the continuous seam like my drawing A, I would want it as parallel as possible to the end line of the coping. His proposed continuous seam is not close to parallel. That's just me. Seeing the PB's picture - it really does look much better once filed and grouted.

Another tip if you have more 'ends' to do is to hand select the Travertine to use as much matching blocks as you can. Then they all blend together better and won't show as much what you don't like. The variation is beautiful, but it can highlight shapes you don't like.

Yeah, they aren't really letting me pick. [emoji36] His proposed cuts (at 3 & 4) are at an angle and they would have to be squared off. Then I'm not sure 5 would fit in that space even with a full size tile replacing what is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they aren't really letting me pick. [emoji36] His proposed cuts (at 3 & 4) are at an angle and they would have to be squared off. Then I'm not sure 5 would fit in that space even with a full size tile replacing what is there.

Right, that's why I didn't prefer drawing B. It looked like to me, 2 new pieces would need to be added and other pieces nearby would need adjusting. Then you have problems with the different sizes.

Do you like his photo better than you thought you would?

Right, that's why I didn't prefer drawing B. It looked like to me, 2 new pieces would need to be added and other pieces nearby would need adjusting. Then you have problems with the different sizes.

Do you like his photo better than you thought you would?

No, not really. I like the end squared off better. ☹️ I've decided I really don't like offset. I like yours better.

I can't remember - will your grout be a blend of your travertine colors? In the PB's photo, the grout used was quite a bit lighter. Also, that person's coping pieces have a lot more variation than yours. I'm hoping for you that it will blend and show less than you expect. Maybe even forget it was an issue after everything is completed? I hope.

I can't remember - will your grout be a blend of your travertine colors? In the PB's photo, the grout used was quite a bit lighter. Also, that person's coping pieces have a lot more variation than yours. I'm hoping for you that it will blend and show less than you expect. Maybe even forget it was an issue after everything is completed? I hope.

Yes, it will blend. This spot is such a focal point.

I think it will work now. Ha! I called my Mommy and set her on them. Lol [emoji23] She's cute, Cuban, and speaks fluent Spanish. She'd just gotten home from the dentist and felt awful. I felt horrible for waking her up but she was awesome and came to my rescue. I'll post pictures of the fix when he's done.

Ha! I called my Mommy and set her on them. Lol [emoji23] She's cute, Cuban, and speaks fluent Spanish. She'd just gotten home from the dentist and felt awful. I felt horrible for waking her up but she was awesome and came to my rescue.

That's awesome! He probably didn't even know what hit him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol. Thanks! I was very grateful to her today. It does look better and he assures me that when he files it to make the grout lines even that it will look even better. I'm still not thrilled with the offset or the two smaller pieces but I can live with it. I strongly dislike the one tile that sticks out with the holes (looks like dirt on it and my stepdad thought it was) but I know, I know, it's natural and I'll learn to live with that one. Lol

Of course my husband found a chip in one of the tiles he replaced doing it. Bad enough to make him replace that one again?

Overall progress pictures from the work today: And just for the cute factor: one of my neighbor's dogs busted down a fence post between our yards - again (big boxers) and our kids loved it. They wanted to know if we could just keep it that way. Lol . As my hubby and I inspected the work after he got home, we noticed several cut marks in the stone. Can grout fix that or do I need to make them replace them? Thoughts on those?

I think the grouting i going to make a lot of difference in how the tile looks. I would ask them to change the things that looks bad after grouting.

My PB said that it's not uncommon to tear out a few tiles and redo them. Tiling is rarely perfect.

Good progress though...

MUCH better! Looks like they are on the right track now.

That is some lazy saw work.......almost like they are not paying attention to where they set the saw down? Ask them if they want to fix them before or after they grout?

CUTE kids!!! Do you pick out their clothes? Do they often dress alike on their own?

Kim:cat:

The guys were here at 9:30 this morning and that is a first. The lead guy that was out sick yesterday did not look happy when he came in and kept shaking his head and even threw his shirt down on the porch like he was mad. I'm guessing it was seeing how much they still had to do and how little progress was actually made yesterday in the scheme of it. This is day 6 of tile/coping. I refilled the ice and water in the coolers. I actually got them donuts today (didn't before because I never know what time they'll show and didn't want food to get stale, cold, or bugs) but they brought their own tacos and haven't touched either. I won't be here most of the day but since the main stuff has been fixed I'm going to follow Phil's advice and wait until after grout to see and comment on anything else. That might make my PB a little less stressed too. [emoji5]

Lots of progress today and I think they just started grouting. The PB didn't remark on my pictures of the blue taped blade cuts in the tile and the crew removed the tape but they're all still there. I guess I'm just going to wait until after the grout is all done and see what they look like but having seen them washed I'm not very hopeful the grout has a chance of fixing that particular problem... ☹️

They worked really hard today and finally finished! 9:30 to about 20 minutes ago. Nearly 12 hours straight and with very few breaks. I guess that's what happens when you procrastinate and the boss gets mad. Lol.
I learned something major today that I wish I'd seen an example of before this process. Grout fixes a LOT. Hearing it was just not as effective as seeing it. There are still two stones that are a problem but one I may not worry about since it's a small corner chip and the other... Well, your thoughts? This is after grout and located on top of the wall. I'm going to talk to PB about it next time I see him:
Other pictures from today (taken after dark so I'll get better ones tomorrow): You can tell which of my twins is shy... [emoji23] The wall:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.