Another in Texas - Cypress

Your pool is magnificent. Somewhat like the one I have under construction but on a grander scale.

What size are the 3 sheer waterfalls and are you running them with a second pump? I am using a separate Pentair VS pump for two 3' sheers + one 4' sheer. I also was to have the 4 deck jets connected to this pump with a valve actuator but PB took it upon himself to connect the deck jets to the circulation pump.

Hi Irwin! Thanks for following. We're doing (3) 2' sheer descents. We're getting the Pentair VS pump 3 HP and a Pentair Max-E Flo 1.5 HP for the water features.

It is part of the stone. I do see it. With them being front and center they do show. I am not sure if I would have them replaced as I kind of like the colors. It makes it look natural. That is up to you.

Kim:cat:

The stone work looks beautiful! I so love the look of travertine!!!!!
I see what you are saying about the stone on the spillway..I know it's just part of it, but , like you, it would bug me. Do what makes you happy! You have to live with it for a long time.

I've been working to see if I can let it go. I have until tomorrow to decide. I also don't like the way they did the waterline tile on my columns. My eyes are immediately drawn to the smaller inside pieces. I want those cut pieces on each end and not in the middle. At least they did both columns the same. I keep staring at them to see if I can let that one go but it's in the main center focal point of my pool and will stare me in the face and really bother me if I don't have them fix it so I'll discuss that one with them tomorrow.

There was a corner next to where it meets the spa that I was little worried about based on how they'd laid some of the pieces but they actually finished it really nicely. Other than the columns I'm very happy with the waterline. Only a little progress was made yesterday. The crew of 3 arrived around 11:30. We left about 1:30 for a family event and they were gone by 3:00 for the day with very little happening once we'd left. One guy took off by 1:35. I don't think they were told about the cameras. Lol. They're supposed to be finished on Monday so I hope they are! There is a lot left to do still but happy with the daily progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had the cuts on the ends, you'd have three full tiles and two slivers. They did the right thing here.

Hmm... I don't think so. I'm bad at math but it should be the same number of tiles. What fits in that space fits and the smaller pieces (or slivers) are slightly bigger than half a tile piece. I'd still have two full tiles as it is now with 4 total pieces.

Last edited:
You have great photoshop skills, woman! I agree with you, the cut pieces need to be to the outside of the column. I seriously LOVE your stone. It's what I wanted but couldn't get it through to PB and could never get a price...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is looking good! The tile and stone look great together!! I think you are right on the waterline tile arrangement -- the two short pieces in the middle look weird.

Thanks! And it's good to know it's not just my OCD this time leaving me as the only one seeing it. Lol!

You have great photoshop skills, woman! I agree with you, the cut pieces need to be to the outside of the column. I seriously LOVE your stone. It's what I wanted but couldn't get it through to PB and could never get a price...

Thank you! This was a quick job and I can see my mistakes but I've been learning it for years and Photoshop is my friend. [emoji5]

Weird you couldn't get a price! No was told it's a standard travertine and every tile place we went to seemed to have it in stock as a standard choice. Everything for a reason though and what you have is beautiful!

PB was not happy with me when I wanted the waterline on the columns fixed changed. Though he too commented on my excellent Photoshop skillz. [emoji4]. He told me that's how they usually do it and he hasn't heard of doing it my way. I told him I could live with some of the other things and the imperfections of the natural stone but I couldn't live with this. It needed to be changed. He tried to discourage me by saying they didn't have enough tile and he'd have to go get some more. I was like, don't you have some overage to plan for breaks and also to leave me a few just in case down the road? He said yes, but he plans it pretty close and that I was about to use 8 of them. Sigh. He said it might delay the build but I told him it had to be done. Turns out he has to go get more of our tile anyway because he didn't realize our table was being tiled in it also. I asked for extra to keep since he had to go back anyway and he agreed. They didn't get those fixed today but are supposed to be here again tomorrow (if it isn't raining [emoji51].)

PB was not happy that they weren't going to finish today. He had a talk with them after I went back inside and this is the first time they actually seemed to work steady throughout the day (this is their 4th day and my family has worked construction for years. This crew is slow and takes 45 minute breaks to about every 30 minutes of work - but not today!)

Anyway, here are pictures from today. They got the sheers installed, the coping on the bond beam, and spa. Please comment if you see anything that should be addressed. [emoji5]

Thanks! And it's good to know it's not just my OCD this time leaving me as the only one seeing it. Lol!

Thank you! This was a quick job and I can see my mistakes but I've been learning it for years and Photoshop is my friend. [emoji5]

Weird you couldn't get a price! No was told it's a standard travertine and every tile place we went to seemed to have it in stock as a standard choice. Everything for a reason though and what you have is beautiful!

PB was not happy with me when I wanted the waterline on the columns fixed changed. Though he too commented on my excellent Photoshop skillz. [emoji4]. He told me that's how they usually do it and he hasn't heard of doing it my way. I told him I could live with some of the other things and the imperfections of the natural stone but I couldn't live with this. It needed to be changed. He tried to discourage me by saying they didn't have enough tile and he'd have to go get some more. I was like, don't you have some overage to plan for breaks and also to leave me a few just in case down the road? He said yes, but he plans it pretty close and that I was about to use 8 of them. Sigh. He said it might delay the build but I told him it had to be done. Turns out he has to go get more of our tile anyway because he didn't realize our table was being tiled in it also. I asked for extra to keep since he had to go back anyway and he agreed. They didn't get those fixed today but are supposed to be here again tomorrow (if it isn't raining [emoji51].)

PB was not happy that they weren't going to finish today. He had a talk with them after I went back inside and this is the first time they actually seemed to work steady throughout the day (this is their 4th day and my family has worked construction for years. This crew is slow and takes 45 minute breaks to about every 30 minutes of work - but not today!)

Anyway, here are pictures from today. They got the sheers installed, the coping on the bond beam, and spa. Please comment if you see anything that should be addressed. [emoji5]
[/URL]

Nope! Just nope!

Not sure but is that one as unlevel as it looks?

Looks okay in the pics.

SIGH! Why can't he just say........"SURE! We will be glad to make it look like you want! Thanks for showing us what you want!" How much you want to bet he starts doing it your way from now on???

Kim:cat:

Your coping is beautiful!!! I have to agree with Kim on the pictures, though. I'm not a fan of those end cuts, but if you are ok with it that's all that matters!!

I'm really not but was afraid I was being picky again. I don't see Kim's comments about the cuts here, just got her PM? This is all I see from her:
SIGH! Why can't he just say........"SURE! We will be glad to make it look like you want! Thanks for showing us what you want!" How much you want to bet he starts doing it your way from now on???Kim:cat:

Can anybody show me a picture of what the end cuts should look like done nicely so I can talk to my PB this morning?

The end cuts are good for a straight wall. It's the angle at the end of the wall that makes it look awkward. I'm not sure how it should be done, or I would have said something earlier. I'll do some research and see if I can find a solution. If there's not a better way, it will look much better when it's grouted. The tile guys should use a saw that will even up the inside edges before they grout. That will also help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.