Milford, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
So finally almost have the pool balanced..I have been adding chemicals slowly to make sure I don't over do anything...Here are my latest readings:

Free Chlorine: 6.6
Total Combined Chlorine: 0
PH: 7.2
T/A : 60
CYA: 45 (adding slowly, I know this is low)
Salt: 3600
Water Temp: 80

It's a Vinyl Liner so I haven't worried about Calcium Harndess

Getting pretty close I think! As I bring the CYA up to about 70 slowly...THoughts on PH? That's the one that's kinda out of range for me I think... Anything to use or do for that with out affecting the other stuff? I thkn Free Chlorine is high too, so I lowere my salt cell (IC60) for my 33kGallon pool to 16% and have been trying to keep the auto cover open to burn off some of that chlorine. I think it gets high, because I tend to keep the cover closed when not using the pool...But I may need to change that game plan so Chlorine doesn't build up.

Thanks in advance!!

The chlorine is a little high but nothing to really worry about, I'd be more worried about the PH, I try to target 7.6. I don't know about your salt cell but mine prefers under 3300, I try to keep it at 3000-3100. 86oz of washing soda or 171oz of Borax will get your PH up to the correct range.

Reactions: Stevez48
So finally almost have the pool balanced..I have been adding chemicals slowly to make sure I don't over do anything...Here are my latest readings:

Free Chlorine: 6.6
Total Combined Chlorine: 0
PH: 7.2
T/A : 60
CYA: 45 (adding slowly, I know this is low)
Salt: 3600
Water Temp: 80

It's a Vinyl Liner so I haven't worried about Calcium Harndess

Getting pretty close I think! As I bring the CYA up to about 70 slowly...THoughts on PH? That's the one that's kinda out of range for me I think... Anything to use or do for that with out affecting the other stuff? I thkn Free Chlorine is high too, so I lowere my salt cell (IC60) for my 33kGallon pool to 16% and have been trying to keep the auto cover open to burn off some of that chlorine. I think it gets high, because I tend to keep the cover closed when not using the pool...But I may need to change that game plan so Chlorine doesn't build up.

Thanks in advance!!
I think you are doing fine. Yep, just get your CYA up. I wouldn't bother messing with the pH, it will rise slowly over time, if it doesn't rise (might not with a TA of 60), no worries. I would also leave your TA alone, just don't let it get below 50. Any pH that starts with a 7 is perfectly fine.

On the FC front, it may be high for your CYA at the moment, but great for CYA of 70. Many of us run our FC higher to protect from high usage days. I keep mine (same pool setup as you) 7-8. I can hit 4.5-5.5 FC demand on a sunny day with swimmers. Being at 8FC, with SWCG going, protects me from ever seeing a minimum of 3.

Reactions: Stevez48
awesome, thanks all...Appreciate the input. Just finishing adding a couple more pounds of CYA via sock method...Then will retest tomorrow after it has a chance to circulate through out. Cheers! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.